Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my67xr

Miniriders Legend and Master Spanner Spinning Mode
Reaction score
i like to cook Biscuits, Desserts etc etc when i get a chance away from bikes and cars.
i thought i'd start this thread to get some new ideas

here's my first quick/easy recipe

Shortbread Biscuits, makes around 36 Biscuits

ingredients-
250g butter
1 cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups White Wings Plain Flour
1/2 cup cornflour

Pre heat oven to 160° c,

place cut up butter in a large microwave safe bowl, melt in microwave for 1.5 mins,
add in the flour/s, icing sugar and vanilla extract, and mix in together with a spoon etc
keep turning it over until it has an even consistency,
i usually give it a bit of a hand knead in the bowl just to make sure.

now line your baking tray with baking paper, this recipe is perfect for a 24cm x 34cm tray.

spread the mixture out evenly across the tray and press it all down firmly/evenly
it fills the tray area so it is all about 10-12mm thick.
to make them look a little fancier, i drag a fork across the top, then give it a light sprinkle of sugar over it before cooking.

next place it in the oven for 15 minutes, till the edges will go slightly golden.

once it has cooked check that it feels firm, and remove the tray and place it on the sink
now i cut the biscuits up into a suitable size and leave them to cool for half an hour or so.
then you can put them into a cookie jar or whatever.

this is what's left of my last batch from 3 days ago.

i'll post up another couple of recipes when i get a chance next

Oh no.. the miniriders mothers group begins..
they look wicked but :)

i make bacon and eggs when i feel adventurous!! lol, i have been known to make some spaghetti bolognase !

I can't believe there's now a cooking thread on miniriders to be honest.

lets be honnest... i feel adventurous cooking mi-gorang

ROFL!!!

I have to cook sometimes, but really its usually becasue I need a massage and I have to coax the other half into it...by making her some food!

So one of my favourites is Pasta Bake. I'm sure anyone that can change an axle on a pit bike can make pasta bake. Cook pasta, as per the minutes on the back. Get water boiling throw in pasta, add salt so it doesnt stick together, stir, leave for required time. 2mins before pasta is cooked throw into the water 500g of frozen mixed veg. Put pasta and veg into (heres a good cheat too) alfoil tray you bought from supermarket (saves any cleaning up later ;) then mix in the pasta bake sauce you also bought from the supermarket. Optional if you want some meat but just throw a layer of ham on top of the pasta, then cheese on top put it in the oven for 20mins and bask in the glory that you've fed some people!

Other than that the bbq is always a good one, steak, stir-fry and potatoes, takes about 15mins to cook...and you can chill having a beer at the same time!

We have one house rule for cooking...that is the cook is allowed to drink as much beer as possible whilst 'cooking' so it works out pretty well for everyone!

Ill post my cheap easy sausage curry in a while if everyone stops freaking out this is a cooking thread!

Good one Craig :beerchug:

So one of my favourites is Pasta Bake. I'm sure anyone that can change an axle on a pit bike can make pasta bake. Cook pasta, as per the minutes on the back. Get water boiling throw in pasta, add salt so it doesnt stick together, stir, leave for required time. 2mins before pasta is cooked throw into the water 500g of frozen mixed veg. Put pasta and veg into (heres a good cheat too) alfoil tray you bought from supermarket (saves any cleaning up later ;) then mix in the pasta bake sauce you also bought from the supermarket. Optional if you want some meat but just throw a layer of ham on top of the pasta, then cheese on top put it in the oven for 20mins and bask in the glory that you've fed some people!

Other than that the bbq is always a good one, steak, stir-fry and potatoes, takes about 15mins to cook...and you can chill having a beer at the same time!

We have one house rule for cooking...that is the cook is allowed to drink as much beer as possible whilst 'cooking' so it works out pretty well for everyone!

Ill post my cheap easy sausage curry in a while if everyone stops freaking out this is a cooking thread!

Good one Craig :beerchug:

I like to cook pork spare ribs (bbq) Why? bang them in the oven... come back in a hour or two if you want them to be spot on and then bang them on a plate.. problem solved + they taste amazing

it's ok brendo, i can delete this thread without a trace if you want ?

Nah its awesome Craig! We can all learn how to make even more easy great tasting food! Less time cooking is more time for riding,and working on bikes! So its definitely mini related! Now I feel like ribs *shakes fist*

it's ok brendo, i can delete this thread without a trace if you want ?

633516826465206865-the-internet---once-its-posted-it-will-be-there-forever.jpg

I used too enjoy cooking lots of biscuits and cakes with various herbs... But that was many years ago now, for some reason i can't remember the recipes :p

Just saying things must be slow not many build threads or activity at the moment

yeah,
i haven't had a lot of time for my build threads lately, i'm always trying to help out here.

Why does everything have to be about the site being slow? The 3000 people that viewed in the last week might have something to say about that? ;)

Well I think this thread is a great idea.

Nutrition and good food is a major point when riding/racing.

I love to cook. Last night I cooked up Dukar Crispy Skin Salmon with Parmesian and Garlic Deli style chips and a beetrot salad with Apple and Citris Dressing. Was a total foodgasm.

Zwebx, when cook ribs you don't just chuck them in the oven. lol. Seal them first on the BBQ for 5 mins a side then put them in the over with foil over the top for first 20 mins then foil off for 20 mins. They will be 1000 times better. I love my ribs and cook them every week. :)

I will chuck some of my other recipe's up later. Got some great ones.

I have been known to cook some amazing honey soy chicken and chips. :D

Latest posts

Back