Wheel won't spin properly?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rizzo97

Reaction score
I couldn't spin my front wheel properly ( rotor gets caught in the pads )
so I loosened off the brake caliper mounting bolts, and it spin's perfectly.. How should I fix this ?

Last edited by a moderator:
possibly a siezed piston, or caliper slide ?
any work been done on the brakes?
also maybe you need to put spacers between the caliper mounting and the fork.

What's done on the brakes?
Yeah, it needs spacers I recon, but i have nothing.
i just made some rubber ones from insides of beer caps to make my shock fit nice and snug and it worked awesome.
so any ideas are welcome, lol.
I guess the question I should be asking is- how could I fix this? haha.
I only had to crack the mounting bolts loose, and it was fine.
so i recon whatever's going in there is going to have to be pretty thin, thinner than any washer anyway..
What could i Possibly use :s

Think I have a old cutting disc layin around.. Il find some pipe the right size and cut some extra thin ones :) won't be goin in to town for at least a week or else I'd buy some lol

Pretty sure the pads are not solidly mounted. So as long as one caliper piston is not bottoming out then it should not be a issue as the pressure should equalize..
If its horribly out of line or on the limit then re-shim.. if its a slight chafing of the brake then its ignorable imo unless its a floating disk it will almost always have a warp in it especially if it gets hot.

I used a difrent set of washers and it worked perfect was just to much to one side

Think when i used first set they didnt go on straight either.. The washer made it gooff on a angle because hole through the washer was to big

if you have a single piston caliper on the front, make sure there is a minimum of 1mm distance between the inside disc pad and the disc when you have it all set up.
that way when you pull the front brake on, the caliper will push the piston out and make the outer disc pad touch the disc,
and then the whole caliper will move away from the wheel and clamp the inside disc pad to the disc

Latest posts

Back