When you buy a bike what do you look for?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok im starting a pit bike brand which i wont name because this post is not about promoting it but I wont to know what would you want to see in a pit bike and what do you look for when buying a quality bike.
what does it for you what components would the best pit bike have though it is all chinese bikes and parts no jap parts and bikes!

Love to here your reply's!

Linkage on a midsize is a must these days, no linkage. No point.

A decent (genuine) carb straight up would be a winner.

Have a troll through the china builds on here and see what kids are buying and slapping on (aftermarket) that would be the best indication.

Good luck.

^^^ Can't be bothered arguing, but yeah good frame and suspension make for a good handling and tough bike. Easy to overlook if just looking at engine size!

Post up some bikes you are looking up in this thread and we can give our recommendations man!

all depends what your after & how much you want to spend..

to me anything china even linkage is out! if you want linkage get a big bike :)

as hills said depends how much u wanna spend. u making bikes for the cheaper market, middle or high end. the price and parts range is so large its hard to pinpoint specific things for a bike we all want

however quality frame, forks, shock, swingarm and motor are the basics. other **** is bolt on pretty much so would be easy to get away with cheaper parts there for the person who wants a solid bike they can replace the cheaper bits if they break. i myself bought a nitrous mid which i had intended on doing up cos i got it for a good price.

It has to have plastics that sticker kits are easy to get and not a mix and match from the Japanese counterparts.
After sales service and parts. (All parts)
Bikes always in stock

this is simple.
1. something that goes like ****
2. something reliable and good and reasonable qulity
3. the answers simple really

Thanks Guys this bike I don't want to be cheap rubbish but i want it to be at a reasonable price so im not going to be making much as for profit at all.

Here's my specs let me know what you think.

Zongshen 155cc or for the higher end guys zongshen 175cc motor im also looking at 4 valve motors including the new daytona motors but there mostly out of the average guys price rage.

Molkt or Mikuni carb and 24mm or 26mm suppose 26mm is a better carb more power output

Alloy Rims with CNC Hubs
Kenda Tyre

CNC Triple clamps
Alloy Fat Bars but im thinking I will put on Pro Tappers but then i have to raise the price a little?
CNC 1/4 throttle
FastAce Forks or DNM Hornets I really like the hornets but the fastace are nice too and perform pretty well.

CNC muffler

Alloy 390mm swing arm now linkage or no linkage?

Now for this bike how much would you expect to pay and any feedback will be well thanked.

Just wanted to add after sales service is defiantly there along with pre-delivery so you don't have to assemble the bike that's already done for you and valves checked, oil changed out and decent oil put in as well as a full inspection and all nuts and bolts torqued an lock tightened.

Now a minor set back is the factory has told me that they provide 6 months warranty on the motor and 12 months on everything else minus wear and tear parts like brake pads but if something did go wrong after 12 months and it is clearly not from abuse or hard riding and it was serviced regularly we would cover it.

Im also looking at covering the bikes for 3 years by using an insurance company and providing finance.

lol company sounds too good to be true. how u gonna make money on something ur covering for that long warranty

I suppose but how many people stand behind there product though for now im leaving the 12 month warranted, the money isn't really what its about its about making an awesome product and not ripping people off on it.
So many chinese bikes around that just fall apart i think its about time someone released a decent bike that wasn't ripped off like pit pro and motovert are good bikes they each have there strong points but then you have brands like Braaap who sell YCF bikes and rank there prices ridiculously.
A & S Power Seller they sell those TDR PRO hunks of junk that fall apart.

like you get what you pay for but you shouldn't get ripped off and how i plan to make a profit is more on spare parts and providing quality service at a reasonable price and also accessories like boots helmets ect.

Hey Lance, good luck to you if you go through with it, just make sure you know your market and your costs very well before you start selling anything because the pitbike industry is pretty quiet these days, and putting your name behind a product that you didn't actually build (I mean giving a 12 month warranty on a motor, suspension parts, gearbox etc that you weren't around to check the quality of when it was built) can be a very risky thing to do! Be careful mate, but best of luck to you if you decide to go through with it :) If you can build something similar to the DHZ's for a cheaper price you'd probably be doing well :)

Latest posts

Back