Where do i fit in?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirt devil

Reaction score
Howdy all,
I recently brought a 90cc Genuine Thumpstar off a mate who owns the local bike shop for bout $1G, so im pretty happy with that considering it goes like mad, has a heap of torque for its size and it only cost me a grand.
Just a couple of questions -
1: Im still getting used to riding such a small bike(used to ride a 250 yamaha) and right now i dont do much but take medium jumps and some trails, just wondering if i want to go bigger and pop some tricks will the stock sup. hold or will i need to upgrade? how good is it?
2: Being a 90, it pretty much looks the same as the fifty model(body wise) but its got a few more cc, and its not a big as a 125, or a 110, so if i wanted to race, would i have to find a specific 90cc class(which basically is all 10-12 years olds around my town and im 18 :p), or do i just sit in the sidelines and not really fit in anywhere?

If you feel my pain please enlighten me :)

Cheers

Welcome to mr dirt devil

In answer to question one ... yes they are twitchy little buggers at first but you'll get used to it ... if you wanna go much bigger you will probably need an supension upgrade.

In answer to question two .... no chance of finding a china class to race it in.

Hey bro, you would also probably wanna take a look at getting some Pro Tapers if you dont already have some. Also maybe bore it out to give that extra few cc's or maybe a CDI chip for the power of hitting some sick jumps and awesome for racing holla back if you need more help
-MITCHY

I too was wandering does racing take place specifically for pit bikes in QLD anywhere.... I wouldnt mind giving it a go...

I too was wandering does racing take place specifically for pit bikes in QLD anywhere.... I wouldnt mind giving it a go...

Look up the HRI series mate. There is a thread under the Racing Section. They hold a heap of races in QLD. Your lucky, there are stuff all event's in VIC.

Practice this weekend at Canungra! Whoop whos in!

Thanks guys, Yeha i been thinking about boring it out but i guess if i have to do that then id have to get a new fuel pump to push more in.....and a probley a bigger carbie....mmm gets me thinking how far we could go :)

Actually speaking of which, how far do you think i could go? like would it be worth boring my engine out and putting some bling on the bike like pro tapers like mitchy125sugested, or should i just go an engine transplant? I could get a 125 thumpstar engine off my mate who owns the bike store no probs, but could i give my 90 the same kick as a 125 without all the hassle?

As for the racing, try living in the riverland....The most excitement we get up here is, well..There isnt any really :(

Hey bro, you would also probably wanna take a look at getting some Pro Tapers if you dont already have some. Also maybe bore it out to give that extra few cc's or maybe a CDI chip for the power of hitting some sick jumps and awesome for racing holla back if you need more help
-MITCHY

Acutally thinking even more about it, wat types of things/brands should i be looking for? Nothing against it but i dont really wana put anything cheap and nasty on my bike as shes my baby

Next to my girlfriend of course....

Just replace the engine be cheaper in the long run mate. You can get 140 Lifan for 330 on ebay. By the time you spend money boring out your 90 engine it might just keep up with stock 140...

Remember if you upgrade your engine its also wise to upgrade brakes and suspension as you'll be travelling faster etc. Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back