Where is mini bike racing going in 2015??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Styv_Loosekid_21

Reaction score
Hello!!!

As you all know I have been away hiding but still lingering around the ins and outs of what's happening to me beloved hobbie. Which has resulted in me asking what is going on with the mini scene Victoria for 2015???

I was gobb smacked to here the loss of entrants and the pulling out of ciniworx at the event that's been around for 4+ years now, same with kosta hanging up the boots for abit and James Joel and the usualls pulling out...
These thing happen and I'm first to admit that family comes first with anything!!

So what's in the pipe lines?? Vcm packing up... Bacchus marsh no more Braaap gone quite.... Not much happening. Buzz has the ranch it's a good little track so I guess there's hope there for that to start..

Sinister 50's kicking ass on the other hand with Karl and Brendo doing some great work with there event is QLD and the next one in jan NSW and hopefully I can twist there arms to hold an event here in VIC...

I just don't want to see the events here in VIC dry up to a hault.. Cause there are plenty of riders that have mini bikes.. But hand in hand we are our own worst enemy in this situation..

Iv had an itch now to **** the leg over the bike again with abit more safety gear in toe lol can't afford to have a silly mistake again for those that know I am now a dad and a family man so making the phone call to family cover and health insurance was a must haha!!

Any news is good news lets keep brain storming ideas to keep the flame alight

Having thought about this, this thread might have to be moved to general talk if mods think its better there feel free to move it over

Seems like a good place to me bud!

Who knows maybe with the recent cut backs on race days we might see a whole heap of Miniriders ride days popping up all over the country? We know that Big Shearer is always holding down the fort for mini's!

There's been a couple of privateers like Sinister making successful events, let's hope a few more pop up?
All in all we can always count on Miniriders to be here, and has been going strong since 2006! So fingers crossed for a bright minibike future? :thumbup:

I did hear entries were very low at vcm
Bring the family up in January Stavros and race.
We are moving to a bigger house so there will be plenty of room for us wogs
Looking forward to seeing you back out there dominating the premier class

Miniriders needs ride days!! But we all know people are busy with day to day life. I know nick is flat out with his job. Corey I think has pulled out seen his bike for sale... So who's originising ride days??

Ill see jase I'm originising a crew down here to head up wont be big but a couple of us are branching out from main stream "people" and going solo.. To much controversy at the moment, but I will see how we go.. LXR getting some TLC this weekend and I'm on annual Leave till November 17 so ill be at frankston as much as I can really

Get some sort of practise in

No one is riding anymore Styv, I frequently have been the only 4 stroke mini at Frankston lately. Braaap have lost the deal with YCF so they dont have bikes anymore and are waiting on their own stuff, not even sure what happened to their 3rd round? Loss of Chris at 50%, no braaap rounds, VCM aint for me, so getting off minis is the best option.

Oh and congratulations on becoming a father Styv.

There is a lot of riding here is NSW every weekend guys are out having a blast.
I can accommodate you and your 2 girls if you want a stop over in newy Stavros

Yea I'm hearing you phil didn't know that about ycf and Braaap so that news.. I did speak to brad briefly the other day and he has his own stuff coming out soon as I was looking for some ergo forks, told me to wait for new stuff arriving soon

Doesn't look promising at all.. I'm gonna try round up the old band to get to frankston.. How is that track these days??

Cheers jase you would be my first choice out there such a humble bloke thanks a lot mate!!

Track is great, has been a bit sandy in the berms lately though. I'm finally able to do all the doubles and the step up.

Hopefully it gets some much needed water before Wednesday night.. What time they open Wednesday night again??

As far as i know styv VCM will still run
If someone is keen to take it on and chase numbers the Viper guys would be keen and more than happy to chuck a class for the pitties in with them as well. BUT you will need numbers and they run modern bikes and pre 90's bikes so the track get rougher and they run on some big tracks ie ravenswood wonthaggi and so on.

it's there for the people that want it i'm just over the talk and the people that think MX is cheap because you have a $500 bike will never race.

good things will come someone just needs to make it happen and i'm sorry but that's just not me anymore

watch this space though

Need more ride days that people will actually show up to.
my Daytona has stopped for 900th time so ive competely lost interest but if you guys go to ride park id take my motovert.

Viper series would be something different how many numbers do they need? And who am I to contact??

There will be jack **** people at vcm next year so I'd say they pull the pin..

I just kicked my Daytona in the guts today 2nd kick in 14months things a dream.. Touch wood

Sweet as styv

i bet ya get just as many people going to viper rounds as you would the VCM. there's plenty of people that should be racing the VCM it's hard as apart from us regulars there has been not enough further interest which is gunna suck for guys like chase and zac and chris who only have a year or so under there belt but what do ya do you cant force people to race. especially 50's on big bike track because thats to hard for them ;) i'd say a 12 - 20 head should get you a gate.... but again you need to join the vipers and it's full MA so costly

but hey the tracks would be sweet look up the viper website that will put you in contact with someone in the know.

ok so the vic boys are woosing out or just had enough! :p lol nahh im just yankin ya chain, i completely understand why everyone's hanging it up... :)
so ive been thinking about chasing numbers for the buzz boys ranch, just unsure who would be interested...
the 50 percent boys have disappeared... just because..
I reckon if we got some more dirt dolls on here im sure we could get some more connections... umm i might be up in brissy for a bit in the new year... soooo unsure if i can bring the bike... damn planes!!! :p
the thing ive noticed is that we have new members that hold onto the community then knick off... so we need members like us that are minirider community oriented.. :/
also wouldnt mind running another starglen miniriders ride day too
I want big things happening in vic next year.... lol! well i hope so that is!

I will speak with VCM.

I'm sure we can get enough numbers together to keep it going. Plus Miniriders would cover sponsoring the A grade as well.

I don't think going with the Vipers would be that great. Track would be clapped out pretty quick plus costs would go through the roof.

Well I have something in the pipe works for next year and found the perfect track for it as well (something to keep the 50 boys happy as well as midsize). I'm basing the whole thing around the good old sx nationals they had out in Franga years ago. Trying to get some big guns on board for that one. :)

As for Miniriders Ride Days, I need someone to step up and make them happen again in VIC. Straight up I don't have time. Happy for someone else to do them and I will chuck in cash for a bbq and stuff but that's the best I can do.

Latest posts

Back