Where is the fuel mixture/ idle screw??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colemanCT200u

Reaction score
I have a 6.5 HP 196cc Coleman ct200u, and I have no idea how to adjust the idle.

I've been having a few problems on my bike, (backfiring, stalling with throttle, excessively long warm up time, backfiring on deceleration, running better with the choke on, sloppy idle) and I think most of them can be attributed to my engine running too lean

I cannot find a fuel screw anywhere, and i have yet to take the carb apart, because I don't want to unless I need to (inexperienced). I have heard that the engine is very common and goes by other names, such as the Honda Clone, (and maybe a B&S, not sure) so there has to be someone who's run into this before

Is there another way to increase fuel flow? Am I wrong about everything?
I am new to this so any help is appreciated, thank you

I have a 6.5 HP 196cc Coleman ct200u, and I have no idea how to adjust the idle.

I've been having a few problems on my bike, (backfiring, stalling with throttle, excessively long warm up time, backfiring on deceleration, running better with the choke on, sloppy idle) and I think most of them can be attributed to my engine running too lean

I cannot find a fuel screw anywhere, and i have yet to take the carb apart, because I don't want to unless I need to (inexperienced). I have heard that the engine is very common and goes by other names, such as the Honda Clone, (and maybe a B&S, not sure) so there has to be someone who's run into this before

Is there another way to increase fuel flow? Am I wrong about everything?
I am new to this so any help is appreciated, thank you

Hey bud,

Easiest way for us to help you is to grab a couple of pics and post them up.

Will point you in the right direction then.

Welcome to Miniriders.

2nd what Motorman has said mate! Pictures help us a lot, also taking a carby off is easy peasy mate! Stick with us and you'll have that thing running A1 in no time! :thumbup:

Sounds to me that the needle needs to move up a clip (if it has some) adjusting the idle screw is only for that idle mixture
Raising the needle will richen up the mix right through the whole rev range but ti do that you will have to remove the screw cap on the top of the carb where the throttle cable goes in
If u get stuck take some pics and we can walk u through it

Hey I’m having the same problem so flowing this as well my bike idles ruff if I go really slow on giving it gas it goes but it’s jerky or if I give it gas it floods it’s self out and dies. I’ll try and get a video today when I got time

Latest posts

Back