Which 65?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HondaTech

Reaction score
Quick question, lot of back story, bear with me.
Woman at work has a 6 year old boy, loves to ride but is out growing his JR50. Both in size and riding ability. She bought him a CRF110 about a year ago and he does alright, but is one legging it. Now I've done some research and its seat height is the lowest in the list of bikes she's currently looking at. But that's not the point at the moment. She wants to get him into MX and the 110 doesn't fit in any common class, nor is it really a race bike. Great pit bike, fast and will haul a big guy like me (6ft 210lbs) around all day packing the front wheel. She is looking into a 65, mostly a KTM. But the nearest KTM dealer is about 60 miles away, we work at a Honda dealer and can get some things aftermarket, but not everything. Our dealership group owns a kawasaki and yamaha dealer.
So should she get a KTM 65SX or a KX65. He's sat on the the KX, and was one legging it worse than the 110. But he can actually use it for racing, unlike the 110. Any suggestions?
Seat heights: in inches
110 26.3
KX65 29.9
KTM 29.5
Thanks in advance for any input!

If the only problem is from the starting gate I would suggest that making a box or something he can rest on, then just grab it after the gate drop. I did that for a year while racing an 80 lol

That's really the only issue he has at the moment, but the 110 just isn't made for racing. Plus hardly any parts are available to make it that way either. With either bike he'll need start blocks for a while anyways.

Can you get seat with less foam? Maybe play play with lowering the suspension. Imo I think the start block will the the better choice

the kx 65 you can get lowering links for and you can cut the seat foam
but they have less power than the ktm and cobra's
but the ktm's are a pain in the ass to work on uless you have little fingers

she should of had him on the ktm 50 instead of the jr or the 110

Latest posts

Back