Which bike brand should I consider getting?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chenaho

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new to Miniriders, and I am not too savvy when it comes to choosing motorbikes. My old motorbike was a TDR 125, which was just plain and simple crappy. I had snapped my spokes just from riding, and it was slow and small - it was just complete crap.

I've been looking around, but I don't want to spend too much, maybe $1500? (inc freight) - I've been looking at Atomik, PitPro and GMX.

These are the bikes I were looking at in particular:
Atomik
Pit Pro

(Can't find any actual decent GMX motorbikes, although my friend has one and it seems high quality - with rubber handle grips and accelerator?)

What are your guys's thoughts? I am the kind of person to buy my things brand-new, which is why I'm looking at these bikes, and not a second hand, let's say KTM or Yamaha..

I am not a small person, I am quite tall, and big build, not fat though. I am 16 years old. So what would be best for me?

Check out the range of dhz bikes, they are on sale atm, and plenty strong enough. A few members on here have the 160 outlaw and seem more than happy with them. If your not looking for much power maybe a psto tl 125 or 140 would be worth looking at to, they are almost a lxr ;)

Welcome to Miniriders,

drop by and say hello in our Introduce Yourself thread too while you're here,.

the DHZ PRO 160 is on special atm $1149
you'll have trouble beating that valve.
DHZ DPRO 160
they are a bit smaller than a Outlaw 160 though
DHZ OUTLAW 160R, LKI Sticker, New Release

with the Atomik Reign big wheel you linked 17/"14", i'd go for the 160 model, it's a better engine for $100 more.
Reign Bigfoot 160cc - Pit Bikes - Dirt Bikes
also have a look at the Atomik Fuse 160, 14/12 wheels, they are pretty good for the $$, $1299
they feel solid, and are a decent mid sized bike, i have one with a 150 in it .
the engines are upgradeable later too, big bore kits etc
Fuse 160cc - Pit Bikes - Dirt Bikes

cheers, Craig

Last edited:
Id pay the extra for the outlaw, the dpro model is sooo cramped, and sits to high for its wheel base. The dpro 125 I started out on was strong, but so unstable at higher speeds.. outlaw gets gpx forks over the dpros non adjustble to I think..

I was looking at the Reign Bigfoot 160 - but I went for the 150 model because the seat height was a bit bigger, as I was going for a bigger seat height. Because as stated, my old TDR 125 was really crap and small, so I'd probably be best off with a bigger seat height. But I guess it's only 20mm smaller than the 150? So I'm best off choosing the Reign Bigfoot 160 over 150?

What about the Pit Pro's? Anyone have any insight on them, even though it's the same size as my TDR, is it worth getting? Or would I be best of with the Atomik R BF 160?

Dhz all the way. Ive got the dpro 160 and its great. The outlaw would obviously be better with a bigger fuel tank and a couple better parts.. dhz over atomik thaugh anyday!

So I am best off with a DHZ? Does anyone want to link me to the best DHZ bike I should get. My budget is $1.5k inc. shipping.

I havnt owned a modern atomik, so I cant really say, but my67xr owns one, and if he says they are good I wouldnt argue lol. The outlaw 160 is 1599, but it has adj forks and shock, a good 550 right there in extra value. Its really up to your preference I guess as either the atomik fuse ore dhz outlaw or dpro would suit your needs. All I can really say is if you can afford the bike with bettr specs buy it, as you will only spend the cash upgrading it later on anyway, and its cheaper to buy them on the bike new lol

Latest posts

Back