Which bike can you jump?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam14

Reaction score
Hi guys!
So my brother and I want to get a 125cc pitbike each, we plan to jump them and want bikes that will last!
We previously bought atomiks off eBay for about $800, we both snapped our bars and I popes my front forks out, not to mention every bolt coming loose etc. they both died within a year.
We've been told by mates to get "genuine thumpstars" or "motovert mojos"
What do you guys recommend?
Happy to pay around a grand for second hand, but want something that will last!:)
Also are these "genuine thumpstars"?

TSR 125CC RS THUMPSTAR on Gumtree http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1058483970

Pretty sure motovert and thumpstar are both out of business. Couldnt tell you the last time i seen a genuine thumpstar.

What you want is a Pitster pro Lxr mate.

Thumpstar are back in business now and are selling a few bikes
Mojo went out of business but Motovert are still going.

Last edited by a moderator:
Atomik have come a long way mate, a few of the boys have them on here and swear by them!

What kind of jumping are you guys doing? Motocross style 40' ers or bmx track type of stuff?

Welcome to Miniriders Sam,

What model Atomiks did you have ?

The Thumpstar you linked looks alright, that Zongshen/Gpx125 will go hard too.
It looks like they have upgraded there Tripples , Brakes, front and rear Supensions being adjustable, and quite a few other parts too

You will still need to go over the bikes when you get them and locktite the bolts, and grease up bearings etc as with anything.

Make sure you drop in and say hello in our Introduce Yourself thread too while you're here.

Cheers, Craig

pitster pro lxr can handle anything if you look after it.
Race Bikes
any of them would be good for jumping.

thumpstar is back in business. few FMX guys are riding them now and seem pretty happy with them.

Latest posts

Back