Which Bike for me?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkinlessTrog

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and dirt bike riding, and was wondering which atomik I should get. I have rode my cousins 2002 Suzuki DRZ-125L and really enjoyed it.

So I have looked up different bikes and found that for my first bike a cheap chinese bike will probably be the best option. I will use it mostly for trail riding and might upgrade it in the distant future for some jumps.

I am on a pretty tight budget and have been trying to decide between a few bikes. I have arranged them in which one I am most likely going to buy.

1. 2012 Atomik 140-160cc Reign Bigfoot (dont really want a 125cc because apparently I will get bored of the power)
2. 2012 Atomik Fury 250cc
3. Some other cheap bike off ebay (like Lei, SDB or Foxico?)

But the main thing I was wondering is the size of the Bigfoot. I am 14 almost 15 in a few months, about 5'7"-5'8" and weigh about 55kg. I dont want a small dirt bike that will make me look like a douche while riding it. So is the Bigfoot 'small'? I know that it has 84mm seat height or something like that but in some youtube videos it looks really small. Should I save up a bit more and buy a full size bike like the atomik fury? Im happy with everything about the bigfoot except I dont know if it will be big enough.

And also with the other bikes on ebay, I see that foxico have a new 2012 range of bikes. They dont look too bad but I dont think they are as good as Atomik. Has anyone had any experience with Lei, SDB or Foxico?

Also please dont tell me to save up more and get a "real" bike because Im not going to.

Thanks

http://www.atomik.com.au/dirt-bike/mx-bike-range/nitrous-250cc.html

I think the bike for you is the atomik nitrous 250, it has a full size appearance and a low seat height, perfect for a beginner or first bike. ^

nitrous250m-blue_1.jpg

the reign looks about half way between a pit bike and a full size bike

I'm 5'8 and 40 years old and 90kg and have a assassin 140 ..big foot 17-14 ,860mm seat height $1000.
Its not a full size ,but its no mini bike either...
Your knees ,won't be around your ears on a big foot ,the way the pictures make them look on their websites.

But if your got the budget ,that 250 above looks like it would be a great bike for a new rider.
I'll get one of them myself ,in a few months for trail riding.
I got a big foot to climb steep hills and be able to flat foot while stoped and carry it over logs and creeks..goes great for a cheap midsize bike.

Its not small ,the way your thinking.
I have a 650 road bike and its "feels" the same height as it.
Here is a picture ,it might give you a better look at the size.
IMAG0045.jpg

Hey SkinlessFrog, I just noticed all those bikes you listed are all on ebay starting at .99c no reserve. How much are you actually looking to spend? You could possibly start looking at higher quality bikes. There is a reason why we ride minis, and a reason why they are so fun. It depends on what you want out of a bike. Where do you intend to go riding? Buying a dirt bike on a "pretty tight budget" can easily lead to you getting burnt and left with a pile of bolts in the corner of the shed that is not rideable and not worth anything.

Hi, since its my first bike I dont really want to buy an expensive japanese bike. Im willing to spend $500-$800. I just want a bike that will last me about 1 year because I want to learn on a dirt bike just doing trail riding and stuff and then purchase an on road bike to obviously ride on the road. Also I have heard people saying that Atomik are producing better quality bikes, is that true? Thanks.

Well at least you have a good idea on what you want. I worked in the moto industry when these chinese imports flooded the market, and saw many people getting stuck with bikes they couldnt fix or get parts for. I am not really keen on any of the bikes that you list, and if you are looking at spending close to $1000, I think you sould be trying to buy a DHZ, Pitster Pro or Ciniworx second hand that is in very good condition. They seem to pop up very regularly, and seem to sell for less than half of what they are to buy new. Keep your options open, do plenty of research, and I'm sure you will end up with a bike that you are very happy with and will last longer than the 12 months you are planning to ride it for.

A not bad pitty is pitpro they r cheap n go pretty good 4 the dollar u pay 4 em. Around 1200 bucks will get u a 140cc or 1000 incl delivery will get u a 125cc.

Latest posts

Back