Which carby for my Lifan 150cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pb performance

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've installed a Lifan 150 in my bike and I would like to know which carby I should run ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated..

Cheers

You could range between like, 24mm to 28mm carb I think, I'm thinking of getting a 28mm OKO Carb for my 150.

But by manufacturer, good brands are Mikuni, Keihin, OKO, BBR and some others... =)

Nothing else? Oko or Keihin no good?
alright..OKO is ok:p(because its a VM copy) and Keihin...?? what Keihin?? ..they don´t have a decend 26er:( ..I tried my old PE24 but the Miku is better!!

26mm is the go mukuni or keihin then you can jet as required

but i've got a 28mm oko with a 37 pilot and a 110 main in it and it smokes but has a micro barble off the bottom cant get rid of it in any combo but doesn't worry me as i know where it is

i'm running a 24mm mulkt out of the box atm and it's sweet off the bottom and pulls to the top but i fear a lack of top end flow not that i use it on the tracks i ride

numroe was sayin he runs a pumper carby on his but he runs race fuel and a1 cam and some timing trickery so bit extreme i thinks

what else has been tried????

Thanks guys...

I put the standard carb that I kept from the 140 on and started the bike but after only a few minutes it started to glow the first few inches of the pipe red so I shut it off !!

I just ordered a OKO flatslide 26mm carby of MSO and it comes with a 20 piece jet kit so should be good...

keep the options coming but !! I'd like to see/hear what others are using..

PB, I think you already got this data:

OKO-26 flat:
Stock: M= K102 (39 thou), slow=K37, air screw = 1+1/8. needle = mid
Current: M=(K102 or K105), slow=K38, screw = 1+7/8, needle up 1 posn (rich).
Manifold: 25.0mm all the way. rubber join ID shaped from 26.5 to 25.0mm
Bowl level: was low when new (throttle bog at low lean angles).

It runs unreal! Stock OKO26. No pumper. Almost idiot proof to throttle usage. Slightly rich the whole way through but very responsive so the bike is easier to control and turn in snotty corners and terrain. The Fuelstar TM-VC device in the fuel tank probably helps a lot too - cleaner/crisper burn. Beware quality control diffs between same model OKO carb can mean what works for my carb might not be the same on another OKO26.

I run a 60mm flange unifilter on the end of my 60mm ID intake "snorkle", but this carb setup runs exactly the same (in dry conditions) with a 50mm flange unifilter mounted directly on the carb intake.

My 150 has the Akunar A1 cam, akunar valves and springs, and 2 stiffer clutch springs to avoid slip. Ignition stock. Good range of usable power. The stock 150 cam made the engine a little flat in the low RPMs for my liking. The good carb setup is the most important thing with any cam.

Good luck.

Hi Numroe,

Yeah, Linda Emailed it to me yesterday !!

Thank you very much for passing it on, both here and to Linda for me... Greatly appreciated !!!

I've got the OKO 26mm setup as per your specs and hopefully I'll get a chance tomorrow to try it out !! (been crappy weather here. Was just about to go out today and it started lightning bad and pi$$ing down with rain)

I'll let you know how I go... Thanks again...

Doesn't look to bad either.... oko 26mm with 50mm uni filter
Pic11.jpg

Tight fit on the Elite hay !!
Pic12.jpg

Thanks man !!

I may have to get a new manifold as the rubber adapter doesn't seem to line up correctly.. see Pic 1.. You can see part of the rubber
seal hanging out !! it does seem to be sealed but would prefer it to be completely covered... Can anyone recommend a mani that will sort this out ??? My mani has 56-2 on it

I also had to do some match porting as there was a large lip at the bottom See Pic 2..

Pic 3 is once it was matched up then ruffed up... Much better now...

Pic 1
pic6-1.jpg

Pic 2
Pic10.jpg

Pic 3
Pic8.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys ,

I started my bike his morning for the first time since the new carby was put on and the motor seems to run real hot !! I only had it on for a few minutes and the exhaust changed Colour and the motor and whole exhaust got real hot very quick.. even the the muffler got hotter then normal ..

I've only ever started it twice and both times (first time was with 25mm mikuni) it seemed to get much hotter then I would expect especially with in the sort amount of running time...

It also seem to sortta koff or backfire through the carby sometimes when trying to start it..

Anyone got any ideas ???

heres a pic of the pipe...
Pic15.jpg

hmm interesting! my exhaust changed colour over time, but not within the first run! by the looks of things you have the same size exhaust as me 32mm... i dont know why its doing it but it seems to me your engine is running too hot (obviously) this could be perhaps the climate where you live! that and the combination of your carb jetting...

yea, once and a while me and a couple of buddies head just out of lithco and go riding in the pine forest in rydal

my brand ne zorst change colour near straight away on the 150

if there's flame coming from the zorst and it's back fireing you still have an air leek

also check ya spark plug gap the stock one's they have are crap

@ crazy 1
yeah thats one of the places we go most !! some good trails out there...

@ coolmodee
No flames and no backfiring out the pipe but sometimes koffs out the carby when trying to start the sucker...

But I will check the sparky thouogh.... I may have an sir leak between the rubber mount and the manifold...ill have to double check as well...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back