Which carby for my Lifan 150cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my 140 bogs bottom end with a k40 so how does your 150 not bog?

maybe i need to move the needle, not too sure

On mine with the K40 pilot and K105 main it runs sweet as..

I have my needle clip in the center... cause if I drop the clip down one to richen the mix it bogs down and will not rev out... I haven't tried lifting the clip one up from middle to lean it as I haven't had the need... it makes good power and rev's with no problems at all...

From memory my mixture screw is around 1 1/2 turns out..

Last edited:
The float level won't be set exactly the same on everyone's bike and that can change the characteristics of how they run ... and in turn affect the other settings ... That's why manufacturers give a float level setting for each of their carbs ... ALL tuning should start with getting the float level set right first ... And once you find what level works ... measure it and write it down so that if ever your engine tune alters ... you can recheck the float level first to save you from cocking around with all the other settings that you spent so much time getting right ...

Sounds like you've got yours dialed in spot on PB ... Leaning the mixture out at the top (to a certain point) can give more power ... and you can get away with it as long as you're always accelerating and backing off and you don't go holding sustained revs for too long in any gear ... Leaner engines also run hotter and can melt things in the hands of a ruthless rider ...

Last edited:
I cant beleave the power these 150's put out !! they are awesome !!!

I was thinking of leaning the top end out to a K102.5 or a K100 but I think I'll leave it cause on some of the trails I go on theres some top gear WOT straights for some distance so the settings I have will be good for that and theres plenty of power on tap with my current settings, so no point ...

and hopefully these settings will increase the life of the motor over leaning it out a little more....

But it would be good to lean top end just for a quick blat to see what extra power could be had.... LOL....

Man , your attitude is spot on ... you're 100 % on the mark ... It's better to stay where you are for general riding where the day can go from cool to scorching heat ... :)

haha i know how ya feel since im only a little drive from you lol

havta do that ride we were gunna do after last christmas haha,better late then never they say ;)

yeh just wait till i get my crf going and maybe get this pitpro 160R

my 140 bogs bottom end with a k40 so how does your 150 not bog?

maybe i need to move the needle, not too sure

He's got a flat slide OKO 26 (D-Slide carb) and you've got a ROUND slide OKO 26 carb ????? ...

Yeah good idea. I don't need the swivel action, and the cable sits happy if the thing is aimed forward toward the headstem. I'll remove the slide cap and throttle cable, clean it then epoxy the swivel piece in position.
If I may quote myself. :) I did this epoxy job between the brass swivel piece and the slide cap (cleaned with soap and steel wool first), and it worked a treat. I also silconed the rubber cable boot to the brass piece. I recommend it to anyone with an OKO flat slide carb. I specifically pressure washed the top of the carb, and then drained the carb bowl and zero water in there.

I mixed up a little microfiber in some epoxy, so it's as strong as. ;)

Hey guys ,

I started my bike his morning for the first time since the new carby was put on and the motor seems to run real hot !! I only had it on for a few minutes and the exhaust changed Colour and the motor and whole exhaust got real hot very quick.. even the the muffler got hotter then normal ..

I've only ever started it twice and both times (first time was with 25mm mikuni) it seemed to get much hotter then I would expect especially with in the sort amount of running time...

It also seem to sortta koff or backfire through the carby sometimes when trying to start it..

Anyone got any ideas ???

heres a pic of the pipe...
Pic15.jpg
you are too lean.

Latest posts

Back