Which option should I take? Engine or upgrades?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHZminiriderz

Reaction score
Well I have owned my 140 DHZ for about 2 weeks or so now and im already looking for more power etc. I could either save up for a new 155z engine and eventually get a new V2 head OR I could just upgrade my Zongshen 140 by buying a new carby (26mm OKO flatside) new uni-filter and any other suggestions?

I would really like to get the new 155z but i would have to wait about 3 months or so before i will have the money to buy one, what is your input?

cheers

Take a sincere look at your final power goals, versus how you'd have to spend to get there. The 140 can be modded, but you'll reach a point of diminishing returns in the 15-17HP range, but can reach 18-19. The Zonger starts a little stronger than the 140, stock, and can be made faster and bigger, cheaper. 140 jumps up a couple HP with a bore of the stock jug to accept a TB 57mm piston and TB300 cam, decent springs. Add a 26mm carb and you'll hunt stock 155's easy enough. Next step, 1mm over valves and porting add another mule to the wagon. After that, it's a reworked TB 30mm or Tak head. Then a stroker. I usually just go +6 for a 57x63 161cc. Pulls like a train through the midrange, sounds like an open-classer. Pretty reliable and can be done in stages. Already owning the motor helps;) You can even score stock jug to have bored, or aftermarket equal, for minimal downtime and back to back test ability.

IMSLTHO, any way;)

i thought i went over this in one of your other threads

get the engine mate

yeah i was thinking and i might just get the carby for now, then save up for the engine. I was just comparing other peoples opinions but I am leaning towards the engine

Latest posts

Back