Whipper Snipper Bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOFFA

Reaction score
I have recently fixed a whipper snipper engine and would like to attach it to a bike, to make a motorbike to take me around the place.

Know any good designs? If so could you include images and details, if no images available please include very detailed answers.

It is a homelite engine, very small and I would like a quick and easy design so I can use it as soon as possible.

The reason why I want to do this is because I have hundreds of pushbikes available and I don't ride them all

hey mate,
google x1,x2,cateye or x7 for some inspiration, or just google piston port motorbike

hey mate,
google x1,x2,cateye or x7 for some inspiration, or just google piston port motorbike
I've typed up all the things you listed and they dont come up with anything to do with a whippersnipper bike.

a cateye is a bike light

I've typed up all the things you listed and they dont come up with anything to do with a whippersnipper bike.

a cateye is a bike light

when i was a kid i did this, Grab a cheapy mountain bike with suspension if ya can, weld a support tray on the back, then weld ur whiper sniper motor to the rack with the shaft right above the wheel, on ur shaft attach a skateboard wheel that rubs up agasint ur main tire, and volla away u go.

Ok so this is how i made my whippy.

Step one: Prep

Get a whipper snipper and take off Shaft, handles, pole and everything else you dont need. Keep the kill switch (if possible) and throttle cable.

Step Two: Welding

Take a metal BMX peg, and with either a angle grinder or hack saw, and make cuts all the way around the peg, this is for grip so the tyre and peg has friction.

Take plastic cover off the shaft side of the engine, Weld peg as straight as you can, onto the small shaft.

Replace the plastic cover, make the shaft hole in the plastic cover bigger if required.
Should look like this.
IMG_4165.jpg

Step Three: Mounting stage

Use some tube metal, measure up size required and flatten ends with hammer. Drill holes to fit screws and the bike axle.

Fix the metal bracing to the engine.
Should look like this.
IMG_4168.jpg

Then fix to bike using the axle and a small metal clamp.
IMG_4175.jpg

Fix the motor to the bike, this may take a little time getting the angle and tension right.
Like this.
IMG_4178.jpg

IMG_4177.jpg

Using a bike brake cable and a two way wire clamp, make a throttle.
Should look like this.
IMG_4170.jpg

Continued

Throttle
IMG_4173.jpg

Things to know: Tips

1. When fixing the engine to bike make sure you have the tyre completely flat, then fix it down and then pump the tyre up. This makes sure your peg and tyre get a firm grip together.

2. when pumping up the tre dont pump it up too much as this will snap the wels or bend the shaft.

And just remember these things are not completely legal.

This is a quick and easy way of making a whipper snipper bike, but the only problem is that the tyre and peg get worn quickly, but still its fun flying along at 50+ km/h on a pushy while passing cars. Haha

Peg guide.

Small peg= Faster acceleration and less top speed.
Medium peg= All round performance (this is what i have)
Large peg= Slower acceleration and lots of top speed.

Have fun :)

a cateye is a bike light

yeah sorry mate, their types of pocket bikes so type in pocket bike after those things i listed, they should give you some frame and mounting bracket ideas

this is just an idea but why dont you put the engine in the centre of the bike and weld a sprocket onto it, or you could even rise the engine where it is displayed in the picture so it isnt relying on spinning the tyre and weld a sprocket on the end and run a chain?

this is just an idea but why dont you put the engine in the centre of the bike and weld a sprocket onto it, or you could even rise the engine where it is displayed in the picture so it isnt relying on spinning the tyre and weld a sprocket on the end and run a chain?

its really hard to do that.... takes lots more work...

it wouldnt take muhc more work to raise the engine and run a chain, all you will have to do then is make sure you weld the sprocket on straight. Correct? but i do agree the first way would be harder.

There are many ways of mounting it. A sprocket and chain is a common one.

There are kits that you can buy that are an easy mount. (Middle mounted, meaning a mountain bike would be needed).

There are one that use a clutch, not sure if this on has a clutch but heres a link.

70cc petrol bike kit

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uruaRsCHvk4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uruaRsCHvk4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

there you go.

ROFL "when im in a highspeed police chase i jus head for the nearest fence and toss it over"

Latest posts

Back