whipper snipper

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pit_pro-250sx_rider-139

Reaction score
hey guys got a quick question im fixing up a old ryobi 2 stroke brushcutter and its leaking fuel from the carby how should i go about fixing this?

Last edited by a moderator:
its a ryobi....first method of fixing it is to place it in a rubbish bin....

ok, ok...tighten the screws that hold the carbie together...failing that...bin model...

ryobi suck in too many ways to list...get a real weed wacker, like a kawasaki, shindaiwa, or honda 4 stroke, stihl, whatever.... with a straight shaft as well... your hands will love you for it....

um, and you could maybe, just maybe, find another 2nd hand carbie for the ryobi POS from a lawnmower centre........ but the bin is a lot cheaper in the long run...:)

lol ive owned it for about 10years and this is the first problem with it,and as im workin at a tractor/mower dealership this would also help me out with gettin a schoolbased apprrenticeship

Maybe you should get a good carby, port the motor, new reeds or what ever makes a 2-smoke go fast...

MAKE THE MEANEST WHIPPER SNIPPER EVER!!!

brush cutter with attitude:p lol, give it a tuned pipe:p

im sure youll find an old carbie on the rubbish heap at work then:) sounds mostly like the diaphgrams have finally sprung a leak or screws are loose, OR the primer bulb(if it has one on the carbie itself) has perished and given up at long last...10 yrs from a ryobi is almost a world record....:eek:

ok yer ive got it in bits now and im gunna clean it up tomorow and put it back together and see if it holds up and if it doesnt i get like loctite or something/also dunno if anyone will know but how hard is it to convert a 250crossflow tbar auto into a manual and which gearboxes bolt straight onto a 250c f

I can't understand WHY the chinese haven't flooded the market with cheap 4 stroke whipper snippers ? ... They'd clean up bigtime if they did ... imagine how many people would swoop on a $150 4 stroke weed whacker !!!!!!!! ... I'd say Honda's got something to do with it ...

thats a good point...theyve already ripped of the honda four strokes that are slightly larger than the brushcutters they make. just wait, theyll be out soon...

250 crossflow? is this a car of some sort? mmm, no idea, but other than needing say a clutch pedal and a manual type flywheel, i dont see too many hassles... who knows? wrong forum i think....sorry:)

whipper snippers use a piston port style 2 stroke, so you can easily get a new carby off any other whipper snipper.

maybe the gasket has perished? or there is some crap in the carby blocking it
it sounds like some sort of seal or gasket issue

im pretty sure i read somewhere or saw on a site that honda bought out most the china bikes coming out china i which i could remember where i saw it

How about putting one of those Honda 4-bangers onto a bike then porting it, turbo charging it and maybe even adding NOS??? Could work... In fact, a mini supercharger would be soo much cooler :p

at my work they have thses cheap ass gennies and the are back in a week to get fixed,,also a 250crossflow is a type of engine which came in xd,xf,x---etc fords

yep.. I know what g/box fits a 250cf.. but more to the point, what car is it going in??? Cortina?

might be a fair bit of work if your doing it hard to do a rebuild of a whipper sinpper motor thou!

Have you done any research on the swap? What info have YUO come up with!? If you cant do research on yourf own.. you REALLY shouldnt be attempting to do the conversion!! SERIOUSLY!!

ugh. why!? auto is much more reliable than the equivilent manual.. have you sourced a box yet!? You would be better off buying a wreck if you havent, and stripping and replacing as you go.. that would be MY sugestion as to how to go about it.. It shouldnt be very difficult.. the more complete the donor car.. the better :D

Other option seems to be a supra box.. but im thinking that would require some adaptor plate to be made up and a bit more thinking out side the ryobi square..

search!

Latest posts

Back