who owns a 150 yx or lifan?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brad199

Reaction score
hey just wondering if anyone has had major probs with either engine as me and a mate brought one of each a few months back his has problems with kickback and since has broken teeth off the idler shaft sprocket and damaged others...is he better off spending the coin on stronger aftermarket parts to fix and keep riding or just selling and buying a yx as my take is yx has more power and stronger engine my yx has the fatter shatfs and supposibly cases and bearings and the inside of his lifan is still stamped 2005mdl or has he been sold and older version????

yeah its his first four banger but id shown him and was all good just made of sh#t i guess..even with the cases off the shafts and gears seem to have a fair amount of play!

lifans 150s arent that old, specially 2005.

lifan 140's and 150's are very well known for killing/stripping kick starter gears, actually my mate did his on the weekend..
its caused obviously by kickback but the reason is cause the ignition is advanced to far.
what sort of ignition is on it?
if its a genuine lifan 150 then it should have an outer rotor kit, but if its the daytona yx150 then it'll probly have an IRK in it.. also a finely tuned carb can rid of kickback problems too..(too lean in the pilot)
also tell ya mate to kick it good, not like a pussy..and when he's kicking it as soon as he is at the end of the kicking stroke lift his foot straight away, as the gears usually only break if the kick starter jams on something..even if its your foot..

as for cases and bearings, i was under the impression that all lifan 150's were fitted with the updated cases and bearings.
however yx150's were not, so how old is your engine?

anyways post some pics up of your engines, mainly the lifan 150...and ignitions

il get some pics tomorra dude..it says 2005 inside the engine case behind the clutch,my yx has fatter shafts and had too wait 4 weeks for it when there where skinny shaft ones there, got it 2 months ago has the dirtmax head on it havent pulled my clutch case off yet but will do on weekend i was told it had the stronger cases and shafts, gears ,ect but still under warrenty so if its not il blow it up get a new one sell that and get somthing worth doing up...has the yx got the auto decomp cam and anti kickback crap any one know??

i was told i already have auto decomp cam in there as well im gunna ask for a spec sheet on the engine so if it stuffs up and isint what i payed for il get a newy but they gave 3month warrenty too me and told me too try kill it and it hasnt missed a beat..the mate that brought the lifan150 went in to get a 125 only payed 300 so thats a bargain anyway poor bastard lost his job though for this mistake

Latest posts

Back