Why are the Small Mini Bikes always all butchered ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirt Burd

Reaction score
The first Auto Swap of the season was here today, I saw like 4 Minibikes, all stripped, molested, why do people do this crap? I can see a few parts broken or missing, but completely stripped, or apart? I just don't get it, like the one I'm working on, it was mostly there but just beat to crap, left out in the weather, WTF?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people just dont care man, it's sad really

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

It happen's everywhere, to a lot of thing other than mini bike's too, car's, caravan's, trailer's etc.
It is usually when someone take's on a project that is too big for them, they get so far into it then have problem's finding part's, or find rust, get stuck undoing bolt's etc etc.
Then it sit's around in their shed or yard for year's and they move it and lose stuff, and thing's go bad for the bike/ car etc.
Finally they decide to sell it off and get what they can for it.
I have picked up so many bargain's from swap meet's, garage sale's and ebay this way
I've never bought a motorcycle, car or trailer brand new which has saved me a lot of money, but also caused a few headache's too !

Thing's seem to be getting worse lately as we have become a throw away society, due to cheap china replacement's etc etc

^^^said it all there^^^^

cheap, badly engineered and produced chinese crud, and people either have no idea what makes a simple two stroke tick, have no mechanical skills, or simply as stated...start a project and at somepoint give up...

i got five myself in varying states of decay... one day i might actually make a pair of RC bikes from the lil suckers! maybe triplets so i can round up some mates and go race them at the local (ha ha) gokart track...

not to mention the small quad, the big quad, the in between quad, the other quad, the trike, the... *shutsup*

When my bud gave me the bike I'm working on now we were at a Swap meet at the Packard Prov grounds, we saw one old school bike done for sale, around $350. I almost bought it. Since he gave me the bike it sat there for about 6 years, I agree, the whole two stroke got me, I had a bike back when I was like 17, same thing, I bought the frame for around $50, I never found all the parts for it but it was fun as hell. I saw more parts for mini bikes Sunday than bikes or frames.
I see Schwin Crate bikes at the swaps too, saw a pea picker Sunday, I'd like to get one and restore one of those. A friend as a kid had a Cotton picker and another buddy had a Apple Crate.

Latest posts

Back