Will a 14" rear tire fit on a pitpro 125rr?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rizzo97

Reaction score
I have a 17" front wheel and a 12" on the back of my pitpro 125rr,it came with 14"-12" and shorter forks so I had to get longer forks for the 17" to fit. Anyway, would a 14" fit on the back or will I need a longer swingarm ?

depends on how much room there is between your tyre and swingarm
with the 12" rear wheel on it, and the axle/back wheel adjusted fully forward, you'd want at least 50mm-75mm gap to the swingarm

Last edited:
There's 70mm and The axle is about 15mm towards the engine where the chain adjusters are

so you can measure it properly.
if you fit the bigger rim, you might only have 10mm adjustment when you put the chain on

the 14" rim will make it 25mm closer to the front, then the tyre diameter is taller again so that will make the distance smaller as well
maybe ask tassy stu (gottagetacheaperhobby) if he will measure from the centre of the axle on his Braaap 190, to the front of the tyre for you.
then you can compare the 2 measurements

you need more than 300mm from the wheel side of the shock mount on the swinger to the end of swinger, mine is exactly 300mm (to short for my 14) and the x4r swinger i have here is the same. if its over the 300mm mark then you should fit it in :)

It's 300 where The axle is now, the axle is 15mm forward so if I put a 14" on I'll have virtually no room t adjust my chain slack?

yeah, so it wont work unless you can find a longer swing arm

Ohwell, better than buyin a 14" then havin it sit there cuz it won't fit :) cheers guys

Anyone with a 14" on the back could you please measure from the back of the shock mount to the endof the swing arm? Tires really worn on my 12" and need a new jb so I was going to just buy a 14" with a standerd tire on it and then upgrade the tire evetuay, but I wana make sure it will fit, I know I'll need a new chain (need one anyway) because jive cut a few links to make it work..But It would need t have room to adjust the chain. Some measurements would be greatly appreciated anyway.

Latest posts

Back