Wiring CDI unit on a coolster 125cc dirt bike engine make 214S

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mouthwash

Reaction score
im trying to set up a new cdi on my bike but the plastic thing that holds the five wires that plug into the cdi has came off and now my five wires are all loose. Does anybody out there know which wire goes to which prong on my cdi? There is a blue wire, a green wire, a black wire with a white strip, a black wire with red stripe, and a black wire with a yellow stripe

hi,
welcome to miniriders,
everything you need to know is here somewhere, or if not there will be a link

going by your wires colour description, the black with a white stripe is sometimes a white/blue stripe or even a blue with a white stripe, the rest should match up.

there are plenty of how-to wiring threads if you use the search link up the top of the page

here's a link to one , scroll to the middle of the page, 5 pin cdi wiring, just below the main diagram is another diagram of the cdi plug wiring
Hooper Imports Experts on Chinese Motorcycles and Parts, Engines
and another link, diagram is midway down the page also
http://www.miniriders.com/motor-tutorials/20962-how-wire-your-bike-kick-start-3.html

any questions dont hesitate to ask, someone will help you.
and remember there is no such thing as a stupid question, there's only stupid answers......

cheers

Last edited:
i followed the diagrams and wired it according to where the wire came from and it is still not working, any suggestions? i know virtually nothing about these bikes, a friend had told me he thought it was the cdi so i replaced it but it must be something farther down the firing line to start the bike. when i use the kick start it still makes the rump noise as if it would work if something else was working correctly, i unpluged and replugged everything i could also so its not a broken connection. Im clueless and the motorcycle shop charges 70 and hour and i paid 400 for this thing, so its not really worth taking into the shop if i cant fix it will have to be thrown out.

Latest posts

Back