Wiring frustration, Lifan 125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdawg911

Reaction score
Have read for days, printed many schematics, and can't be sure of the wiring on this bike.

Picked up a 2007 dirt bike w' a Lifan 124cm3 engine, no electric start/battery/rectifier. Has fuel flow, carb fully cleaned. New spark plug (gapped at 0.7), Ignition Coil, CDI and kill switch - can't get a spark!

UPDATE - May 9/12 - followed the very clear and excellent instructions given by Poulsen8r in his Sticky "How to wire your bike (kick start)" and I now have spark! Bike still won't start, but at least I know it's wired properly now.
Thanks to all who replied for helping. Big thanks to Poulsen8r for being so descriptive!

Greatly appreciated.
Kevin in Canada - No longer :confused:

Last edited:
The kill switch is opposite to a normal switch in that it is always 'ON' until you push the killswitch which breaks the circuit turning the bike off.

Maybe your toggle switch is the weak link, why don't you hook it back up and try and get the bike running. Once you get spark then you can worry about putting the toggle switch in.

The kill switch is opposite to a normal switch in that it is always 'ON' until you push the killswitch which breaks the circuit turning the bike off.

Maybe your toggle switch is the weak link, why don't you hook it back up and try and get the bike running. Once you get spark then you can worry about putting the toggle switch in.

When I got the bike the factory kill switch was shattered, so I couldn't test to see if it was stuck in the Run mode or Kill mode. Instead of a new switch on the bars, figured a toggle switch in the key hole would work. Hoping for a spark w'out a kill switch connected, then wire it in and will try it in both On and Off positions.

I see many have similar issues, but few answers have been given. Have read for days, printed many schematics, and can't be sure of the wiring on this bike.

Picked up a 2007 dirt bike w' a Lifan 124cm3 engine, no electric start/battery/rectifier. Has fuel flow, carb fully cleaned. New spark plug (gapped at 0.7), Ignition Coil, CDI and kill switch - can't get a spark!
1 change from factory - getting rid of the handlebar kill switch and adding a toggle switch underneath where key would have been if so equipped.

No manual to show how wiring should be so asking for help in hooking up the following components:

Lifan engine - 6 wires from it:
Green
Green/Red
Blue/White
White
Black/Red
Yellow

Ignition coil - 2 wires from it:
Black/Yellow
Green

LiHua CDI 5 wire (green plug) - looking at back of plug to see wire colouring, starting top left:
1 - Burgundy 5 - Green/Red
2 - Green/Black 3 - Blue/Red 4 - Pinkish

Have read that some can be wired without using a kill switch.
Looking for someone who knows which wires to connect, and answers how to wire when including the kill switch, and wiring if the kill switch was left out.

Greatly appreciated.
Kevin in Canada :confused:

theres hundreds of threads on this forum regarding wiring and how to test the stator

Latest posts

Back