wiring in an hour meter?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blender

Reaction score
hey guys im gettin a new bike soon an i need an hour meter to for servicing (obviously) and maybe a speedo. need a hand as to wiring them in.
cheers,
jack

hey dude,

an hour meter is an easy install, just wind the wire a few times around your spark plug coil and then zip tie it. All provided with the kit, as this picture shows:

wire-wrap.jpg

As for the speedo, I can't help you there, maybe someone with an rx or z50 would be able to help?

cheers man, so wiring it in strait to the spark leed does the trick? i dont hav to strip it to the actual wire? as for the speedo, its still a maybe. ut yea an hour metre is a necessity
cheers,
jack

you can tap into the kill switch wire to get a pulse signal too for a neater install its a black wire with yellow line on most china pitbikes ... make sure its the pulse wire and not the ground if its a two wire kill switch or just follow it back from you kill switch down into the harness and tap into it .

cheer man, if the metre comes with instructions, i'll see what there like and go off them.

Latest posts

Back