wiring lifan 125 into 1986 Honda z50r

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyz50r

Reaction score
Hello; great site! can anyone help me with the wiring when installing a Lifan 125 cc (IP52FMI) in 1986 Honda z50r?

The coil has a green (ground wire) and a black w/ yellow.
The cdi box is a 5 pin and plugged in to engine plug OK
The wires coming out of the engine are green, black w/ red and blue w/ white.
The stock kill switch has a black w/ white wire and the other wire goes to ground .
I got the engine with no cdi or coil. The ones I got are suppost to work with a lifan.
I have tried to follow the diagrams on the net (hooper imports) but Im lost.
Thanks to all.
Jack
PS. This site has some cool bikes!

Gday and welcome to the site. Good to see someone else going the 125 route with a Z50
The diagrame below is the one i used to wire up my Z50. The kill switch goes to the middle pin in the CDI plug(right side middle in pic) and the coil to the left side upper by the pic. I had to go by the picture and not the wire colors for mine
engine-wire.jpg

Hope it all comes good for you:D 125s in Zs = alot of fun:cool:

lifan 125 into z50r

another question? do I leave the CDI connected, then splice in to the wires to connect the kill switch and coil? I think thats what you mean! Thanks alot, Jack

The Z50 has "mechanical points" for the ignition, so the wiring will be configered the same. I recommend that you remove the original wiring and run the wiring for the the new engine, unless you have an sparky mate.

Hello; great site! can anyone help me with the wiring when installing a Lifan 125 cc (IP52FMI) in 1986 Honda z50r?

The coil has a green (ground wire) and a black w/ yellow.
The cdi box is a 5 pin and plugged in to engine plug OK
The wires coming out of the engine are green, black w/ red and blue w/ white.
The stock kill switch has a black w/ white wire and the other wire goes to ground .
I got the engine with no cdi or coil. The ones I got are suppost to work with a lifan.
I have tried to follow the diagrams on the net (hooper imports) but Im lost.
Thanks to all.
Jack
PS. This site has some cool bikes!
if your bike has lighting on it than it is a little more difficult,however there are a couple of different style of wireing in these bikes............additionally iam not so shure that your stock cdi and coil will be sufficient.......(when i got my lifan motor it came with everthing to bolt right in and go) and the coil and cdi are different on my new engine

If you or anyone else still needs assistance on these engines… I’ve built several of these on z50’s and have one I just finished I can send pictures or videos of what you need to know.

The easiest way would be run full lifan loom,cdi, coil, kill switch buy everything to suit lifan then fit all to frame in the neatest way you can and just move things around till you can get it all to fit and function correctly

Latest posts

Back