Wont Spark

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunny29er

Reaction score
hey guys so i bought a 2nd hand engine off Casey the mechanic at DHZ (his old engine off his bike) he said it is the same engine as my DHZ Dpro 140 (Zongshen 140) but it has different size bolt holes for the oil cooler.

Anyway me and my mate installed the engine today and tried to start it but there is no spark. We have tested the spark plug. I don't know if its the CDI or anything as i don't know how to test it.

I noticed that on the wire coming out of the engine there is a fat plug but there is also 2 little yellow wires i'm not sure what its for and theres nothing for them to hook to. On my old engine it only had 1 but it was green and wasn't connected to anything.

so hope you guys can help as i was really excited to get it back and working after 7 weeks and i was planning to go to Appin on sat.

2 yellow wires will more than likely be charging wires..not needed..

have you tried swapping the cdi's?
or maybe use you complete ignition system!!

but also due to your lack of description, throw a picture up...

some pics and i dont have another cdi to test

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

Last edited:
do all the colours line up in the stator to wiring harness clips...

if your engine sparked fine. just put your stator and magneto on..

helps when you put the coil wires in the correct spot you clearly have green into black and black and yellow into green

and my bike is set up to green-green black yellow-black so don't tell me I'm wrong lol

swap the coil wires in there correct spot and that should work dude

LOOK at image 3 for a perfect view

ok i might try that but i got a friend coming to have a look so if i have to do that i will

Cheers Sean

oh and ill check the colours

helps when you put the coil wires in the correct spot you clearly have green into black and black and yellow into green

and my bike is set up to green-green black yellow-black so don't tell me I'm wrong lol

swap the coil wires in there correct spot and that should work dude

LOOK at image 3 for a perfect view

good spot mate... i looked at the last image which sorta looks correct

no my stupid friend put them like that to see if it would make a deference i swapped them back after that photo when i noticed oh and i checked the colouring its all the same. But when i took off the flywheel cover i noticed that it was missing something that my bike didnt have ill take a pic of it

Just wondering was it working when taken off Casey bike not saying he ripped u or anything

well he said hes had no problems and it works fine but i might just switch the stuff over like sean said but i am having trouble removing the flywheel but here are some photo's of whats missing on the new engine

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

dude by looking at that it's missing the pick up so when the magnet goes past it... it makes a spark can you get a picture of the whole fly wheel pls? or a better view in other words

ok nothing is missing just checked out other engines and they don't have anything at the top were those holes are but I'm guessing now this is a matter of broken wires some were possibly

oh ok well i might just switch the the startor and magneto but i cant get the flywheel off iv got the nut off just cant pull off the flywheel

sure if i wanna make my dad drive me out 2 hours nar but im pretty sure there closed tomorrow i might go buy one from a store tomorrow

Last edited:
Hey guys i rang a motorbike store about a flywheel puller and they said whats the thread size (of the flywheel) now is that bolt sticking out which the nut goes on to lock the flywheel in place.

Latest posts

Back