wont start

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright ill check them when I get home annd let you kknow if there bad or not haha do you know of any other reasons that' could be causing thebike to not start?

Another thing I have noticed is my cam cover is leaking after looking at the timing and when I was puttibg it back together the bolt that bolts to the cam cover won't tighten down... any idea's to tighten that bolt down?

For the cam cover i just used some rtv and was very gentle righting itand its not leakibg anymore...

So I went ahead and did the vavles gapped them at .003 and now thr bike will start.up back fire through the carb once or twice then die out... this. Only happens when off choke I can't get it to start.
on choke.. so my next guess is just to get a new spark plug?

try adjusting both valves at .004 and try starting the bike with half choke

it still sounds like it has carby issues,
what carby, what jets, and how many turns out is the fuel/air screw.

^^^^ yup! Sounds to me like its not getting enough fuel/air, especially since the choke isn't working and the only way you can start it is wot. Let us know what kind of carby your running chief and we'll tell you how to tune it! Well to the best of our ability anyway! :)

if you could answer some of the reply's you have been given, it will help us to diagnose your problems.

you really need some pics of the carby, it will help us, then we can help you.....

Sorry for not answering I have been busting my butt tryibg to get this thong to work and om not out of school yell 3:30 so I can't really do anyrhing until then..

I got the bike to run yoday it was working just fine but after letting it sit for halg an hour the thibg wont syart back up? I did check my jets the idle is 36 abd the main is 72 the main jet seems small... my ait/fuel mix screw is turned 2 turns out whenever I try to start it and then I adjust accordingly.. my needle it set atone notch rich to help start it and with the smaller jet size... I didn't do the valvea tto .004 because the bike was running fine for half an hour.. the bikee still sometimes back fires througgh the carb.. but when I do get it running it back fires from the ppipe... it wont idle so I kinda have to hold tje throtle to as low rpm as I can and feather it a little

scrubs-cox-help-me-help-you-o.gif

As our friend Dr Cox would say, Help me to help you!

Without knowing what the carbi is and how your tuning mate were at a stand still!

Ii have no clue what carb I have haha abd I dobt know how to post a pic fron moble

If your using the website, where you reply there's a little picture of a tree click on it and it will say either select fro pc of web site address, select pc and click select from library. It should then take you to your photo album on your phone. Alternatively you can (should) set up a photobucket account and copy and paste the IMG info into the reply panel.

the screw that is line with the centre of the carby, screw that in 1/4 a turn.
then try and start the bike, and post up what happens

Latest posts

Back