wont start

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol you might have to wait for Mick or one of the more experienced blokes mate, I'm not a 100% sure about those carbys? Sorry bud.. :)

Last edited:
it looks like a typical china 110 carby, a Sheng or a Jing ke?
i have a couple here, mine has a 75 main jet in it, and looks to be a Keihin style jet

wrong picture,
i meant the pic above my post when saying do up the centre screw 1/4 turn.
or even your 2nd pic, do up the screw in the centre 1/4 turn

That sounds fimiliar! Haha they sound close enough... yes mine has the 72 jet close enough.

lol corey....

that centre screw controls the idle speed, so i need you to up the idle so it will idle by itself.

once you can get the bike to idle, start it and let it run,
now grab some wd40, crc or degreaser and spray some on the join where the carby meets the manifold,
and where the manifold meets the head, and sometimes on the join in the carby where the fuel bowl joins to the main body,
if the idle changes in any way, it has a vacuum leak there

also try screwing the air/fuel screw in about 1/4 turn and see if that helps, it will richen up the idle / 1/4 throttle

you should also check the breather line coming off the engine gear box at the back. If that is blocked or kinked it will push oil up past the piston and make it smoke and damage the bore. It is good to get to it before that happens. This could also push more oil up to the cam which may have helped it leak out the top.

The best way to work this out is to do everything one step at a time.
Screw the air/fuel screw in about 1/4 turn, and tell us what happens, also do that vaccum test above^

Last edited:
Spot on craig bloody Sheng way 19mm, no better than the jingke. Pull the slide out of the Carby and make sure the needle is firm, if you put your finger on the pointy end of the needle it should not move up, if it does move freely up then the holding clip has fallen out or is not in there. It's a long shot.

The clip is holding tthe needle I turned the screw in 1/4 and still nothing and there is no hose on the back of the enhine... haha I saw the fitting but no hose on it

so it still wont idle with the idle speed screw turned in a bit?
must has a blockage in the pilot jets side ports

So I checked the jet the side ports were clear but I couldn't see through it.. so I got my carb cleaner abd cleanwd it and let it sit in it for 10 mins and cpuld see througj it so I reset my screws to 1-1/2 out and then I there's this other screw next to it the I haad put all the way in.. tried starting it and nadda so I start turning the screws out and got it the screws set at
mix- 1-3/4 out
idle screw? 1-1/3 out
I got it to start but then ir would back fire through carb and die but would start right back up then backfire and cut outf

Latest posts

Back