Workz WFA 125cc Perimeter project

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini-Fifty

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Bought a new bike yesterday and im pretty stoked on it :D
It is a Workz WFA 125cc Perimeter 2008 with BBR Motorsports licensed frame.
It has Fastace forks, DNM Rear shock, CNC hubs, Full Doma Exhaust made for perimeter frame, Tag bars, Aluminium frame, subframe and swingarm, and some nice CNC and anodized parts.
I already fitted a complete new 10inch rear wheel, and going to change some more parts.

Already ordered the following parts:
- CNC throttle with cable
- CNC Clutch lever and brake lever
- New chain and sprockets (front and rear)
- Grip donuts
- Plastics
- Graphics
- CNC Shift lever
- Footpegs
- Oil cooler
- other small stuff

Here are some pics with the new rear wheel in it, enjoy:

upuo5.jpg

2jczp4z.jpg

219ndhg.jpg

1zf4fo8.jpg

Future plans:
- Marzocchi forks
- Daytona engine
- BBR Supercomp swingarm
- Elka rear shock

Any help or ideas are more than welcome :D

Grtz,
Mini-Fifty.

Thanks a lot man :D
Yeah if i can buy some marzocchi forks for a nice price i would like to buy them.
Daytona 4 valve for sure, i love those DOHC heads or the Anima 190.. But that are future plans first i wanna ride it :D

Very nice little bike!

I would be thinking hard about the 190 for it, with a good engine setup, the 88's and 125's are hard enough to control with the little wheels.

Drop in and say hello in our Introduce Yourself thread too while you're here.

Cheers, Craig

What's BBR licensed frame mean? I wouldn't go anything less then a 125 or if it is it better be dohc lol. If the frame weights anything like an actual BBR then it weights a lot and you'll need the power to move it. Wouldn't go a 190 thou unless you plan on just ripping **** up and wheel standing. Hope you've got deep pockets with your plans haha. Nice rig mate, be keen to see what you do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone!
Yeah she's pretty heavy i already had a lot of bikes but it has a 125cc Gpx engine like i said and think i will need the power to move on. 99% of the tracks here are sand and ruts gets deep pretty quickly so its almost impossible to ride with a 88 or 106cc. Maybe the 190 might be overpowered but we will see maybe a nice running gpx160 will be cool to :). The 125 is still running fine and smooth, so im not going to change engines soon.
@Brendo, Workz had the BBR perimeter patent and these frames looks pretty similar to a BBR.
I already had a cheaper crf50 perimeter knock off but the differents between these frames are huge.
At first i wanted to buy a BBR but they are hard to get here (Netherlands Europe) and prices are ridicioulous.
So im happy with the Workz as its the best BBR knock off and didnt pay a crazy price for it.
Im going to post some photos of the frame soon so u guys can see a little bit more details of it.
Stay tuned for more updates, its cool to see how much of you are interested in it :D

Grtz,
Mini-fifty.

Have you considered the gpx hi comp 125? From what I can see yours is the stock gpx 125, doesnt have the hi comp piston and "race" head with hd valve springs and doesnt have the oil cooler feed from the oil pump. The hi comp gpx runs extremely well, will run with a stock 150 and doesnt havevthe weight of the 160s. Nice bike by the way :)

Probably wouldn't worry about the oil cooler man. Not necessary on anything smaller than a 190. At the end of the day the kits you buy are not great, you loose oil pressure, and less oil goes where you need it. Also if you're putting the cooler on your 125 the only way to do so is to take it to an bike place and have them do it otherwise your risk of ruining the engine is high. I was going to do the same to my 125 and I had numerous bike mechanics tell me it's a waste of time. Think of it this way, there are 450cc race bikes that don't run coolers.

I would fit an oil cooler just for the longer engine life.
The GPX and most of the other rear clutched pit bike engine's like the YX 150, YX160, Z155Ho, Z160Ho need them as they are only air cooled, most 450's have an oil cooler ?

I was told specifically not to ever run my z160ho engine without an oil cooler or it WOULD RUIN it!!

There's no reason not to, increased engine life, cooler engine = no loss of power as supposed to a hot as **** engine. These little donks don't exactly get a lot of air flow if just putting around through the bush or even on a track. On a 50 or 88 no, but anything more I'd run one and so would 98% of people.
Anyways sorry dude back on topic haha.
I reckon like mentioned a cheap option which would be a good one would be the newer gpx125, heard nothing but good things. Or go the whole hog and get a dohc for her and hang on, revs like crazy a bit like a 2 stroke power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah im adding a oil cooler on it because they originally came with an oil cooler but for no reason they took it out.
Im riding it in heavy sand and im pulling it pretty hard so in my opinion the engine gets pretty hot and a oil cooler will help (a bit) to cool it down.
I wont be changing big parts like forks, engine, or other big stuff till the engine it has now blows up or has not enough power and dont have a lot of time to work or ride it now.
Will post some more pics when i start working on it and the parts that i ordered.
Thanks again and cool to see the intrest in my build :D
P.s. Brendo, i love ur BBR!

You guys might be right, I got my information from calling up a dirt bike repairs place in W.A and they told me they're never needed. WHO TO TRUST!!!???

Well i guess you could take their word for it,
but if you do cook your engine i guess they'd have another they could sell you too.

Indeed, indeed. They seemed to insist their 450 race bikes never run them. Couldn't hurt to have one anyway, better safe than etc etc.

Took a long time to finish this build but it was all worth it.
almost everything on this bike is new now or like new and i really cant wait to rip her hard!
When i finally received all the parts i ordered (Custom problems and ****), i took her apart, cleaned everything, made sure she was put together how its supposed to be (some nuts where lose/not really tight when i bought it) and needed some grase on the bearings and some bearings also replaced.
Well enough said here is a teaser pic hope to get some better pics at the weekend when the sun shows up.
mli1so.jpg

Latest posts

Back