Wrong Gas for a

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasontibesar

Reaction score
I recently purchased a SYX MOTO 50cc 2-stroke Mini Dirt Bike for my son for Christmas and I didn’t remember to put 25:1 fuel and instead I put regular 87 octane gasoline in the tank and my kids took it up and down the street for two passes before the engine began stopping. The carburetor overflow began leaking gasoline on the asphalt and that’s when I realized I screwed up. I’m wondering if you guys know if this engine can be salvaged with some 20:1 fuel mix. I took the carburetor off and cleaned it out before realizing my boneheaded mistake. Now fuel just runs right through it. Not sure what to do, not much of a mechanic tbh. I paid a little under $500 for this thing, is it salvageable or should I return it?

I'd be looking to replace entirely.. but would probably spend a little more.. $500 usd. Should of gotten a nice used Japanese mini. Crf, xr,ttr,klx..

The Chinese 2stroke 50s are pretty not to be rude.. crap..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221227_144802_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221227_144802_Samsung Internet.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 0
I recently purchased a SYX MOTO 50cc 2-stroke Mini Dirt Bike for my son for Christmas and I didn’t remember to put 25:1 fuel and instead I put regular 87 octane gasoline in the tank and my kids took it up and down the street for two passes before the engine began stopping. The carburetor overflow began leaking gasoline on the asphalt and that’s when I realized I screwed up. I’m wondering if you guys know if this engine can be salvaged with some 20:1 fuel mix. I took the carburetor off and cleaned it out before realizing my boneheaded mistake. Now fuel just runs right through it. Not sure what to do, not much of a mechanic tbh. I paid a little under $500 for this thing, is it salvageable or should I return it?
Hey, what route did you take? Did you get this figured out?

That's good news, Jason. I'm sure you can find a way to get rid of those leaks later.
Keep the updates coming.

Latest posts

Back