• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Miniriders and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB axle suit FastAce AS02's

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
WANTED: front axle to suit fast ace forks

CONDITION: not bent, besides that i dont care

PREFERRED PRICE RANGE: you tell me what you want for it, i'd rather not pay 60 odd bucks on ebay ;)

EXTRA INFORMATION:

I would get a piece of 20mm thick tube, cut it to size and send it off to a machinist to get the centre bit (however long that needs to be) lathed down to 15mm

Someone might have something to say about this being posted here BUT ... What size are the axle bores thru your AS-02's ? ... Mine are 15 mm both sides ... When AS-02's were fitted to genuine Thumpstars as stock , they used an axle the same as in that ebay ad (a parallel shaft with two split sleeve spacers) BUT the sleeves were 15 mm O/D and the axle was 12 mm ... I'd say you won't find anyone with what you're after and if your fork legs aren't bored 20 mm that ebay axle won't work ... Most bikes I've seen with aftermarket AS-02's fitted run a standard 15 mm front axle ... There's no way I'd trust an alloy front axle if that's what that guy is selling ... When running a standard type axle the spacers would need to be a precise fit to avoid the fork tube centrelines from being crushed inwards when the axle is tightened causing stiction which incidentally was a problem with the Thumpstar AS-02's ... I have a set AS-01 RCP's and they run a steel axle that's 20 mm on the right side stepping down to 15 mm ... They use a wheel spacer on the left , the left fork bore is 15 mm and the axle with wheel and spacer are bolted to that side ... The right fork is bored 20 mm and the fork foot is clamped to the axle by two allen screws AFTER the axle has been tightened on the left side . That's the only real way to keep the fork centreline spacing correct to avoid fork stiction and the resulting rapid seal and slider wear ... A quick google search came up with this old thread which shows pics of how AS-01's are configured ... http://www.miniriders.com/tech-talk/17152-as01-forks-6.html

For my AS-02's I was going to buy AS-01 axles and bore the right fork foot out to 20 mm but it has to be properly aligned ...

I checked the ad you posted for the axle and it's for :

Item specifics
Condition:
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
Brand: Risse Racing Technology
Material: Aluminum
MPN: 24364
For Bike Type: Electric Bike, Mountain Bike

These ppl claim to sell the AS-01 axles separately but they're postage rorters: Fork Forks FASTACE AS-01 XR/CRF50 50 KLX DNM Marzocchi P FK06 | eBay

well thanks mate, big help. i haven't picked the forks up yet, and just did a ebay search for as 02 axles and thats what i found. you just saved me a heap of money cheers :) i will just get some spacers made up and i will be good to go :)

why cant you use a standard 15mm axle, with a flanged head on the bolt.
clamp that into the rh side fork, then have a 20mm o/d or whatever spacer to the hub, another spacer on the other side of the hub to the lh fork, then use a nut on the outside?

axe_15_230.jpg

found this AS02 manual too.
FastAce Forks AS02 Service Manual

Latest posts

Back