• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Miniriders and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB Z160HO bottom end

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xLOCOx

Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
WANTED: Z160HO bottom end with internal oil filter

CONDITION: used... not smashed to ****.. lol as in no damage to the crank, gears, casings and the bearings

PREFERRED PRICE RANGE: frrrrreeeee to 300 bucks max

EXTRA INFORMATION: what do i mean by a bottom end? ok so i dont want the piston, head, bore, ignition cover and maybe the clutch..

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry dont want to cause admin problems but am I allowed to comment here right? Just after some more info mate..so you need the entire bottom end?...as in a yx160 just without the head and piston etc?

Sorry dont want to cause admin problems but am I allowed to comment here right? Just after some more info mate..so you need the entire bottom end?...as in a yx160 just without the head and piston etc?

yeah i believe you can talk about the item/items.... so yeah i dont want the head, piston, bore, ignition cover and maybe no clutch as well...
cheers

Wouldn't you want the Z160HO bottom end? For the Daytona clutch basket? Unless you can get that on a YX160 bottom end.

yeah i was thinking the same thing, you need a Zongshen Z160HO
the YX has an oil slinger too that you probably don't want either
i think it is the YX160-6? that doesn't use a slinger, but it does have an internal oil filter cartridge like the Zongshen 155/160

yeah i was thinking the same thing, you need a Zongshen Z160HO
the YX has an oil slinger too that you probably don't want either
i think it is the YX160-6? that doesn't use a slinger, but it does have an internal oil filter cartridge like the Zongshen 155/160

thats seems like the one..... i'll mod the zonger clutch to fit.... a hammer should do nicely :p jk
the atomiks have that model.... i've got that model in the regin...

I'd be going for the Z160HO. Running the YX160 bottom end could work if you knew the Daytona basket would fit, I imagine you'd want to run it, otherwise you could have clutch slipping, etc. Especially if your putting some power on it. Atleast with the Z160HO you know the Daytona basket will fit..

the Daytona basket thats used on the 155/160 Zongshens is actually a bit different to the Daytona 190 clutch basket.
but they can interchange, i now have one on my Z155HO

found this.... yx160 Size Spec: Clutch Diameter -- 119mm
Height -- 50.5mm
Clutch Spline Taper Axle Diameter -- Low 14mm / 16.8mm
High 22mm / 24mm
also found out that they both run the same amount of teeth... both 67t

so you have a Zongshen in it now with a 6 plate clutch ? a 1P60YMJ
if so it'd have the Daytona DT150 clutch basket

nah the Dirtmax YX160 heads have a CRF style exhaust port like what's on Locos' bike, and the Zongshen 155/160s' have the KLX exhaust ports

YX160 CRF-

Z155HO KLX-

Last edited:
yep but the are a KLx style heade they have external oil gallery

Question though as i've never done it

can you put the zonga head on the yx motor and vice versa ?

apart from cam sprockets needing to be swapped a would have thought so

Latest posts

Back