WTF is wrong with my pitster

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbk

Reaction score
ok these problems are really pissing me off

i firstly had problems with the oko not wanting to stop reving which woggy put me in the right direction but now it just dosent want to rev i pulled it down numerous times tried the clip in middle position was worse i have tried playing with mixture it worked for 30 seconds and went like poo afterwards and i have cleaned jets NOTHING!!!

heres a vid of it its even shooting flames which usually means lean but it aint running lean thats for sure

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CZidaL-udy8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CZidaL-udy8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

yer OKO's are the devils work, & thump*140 is the pusher

nah, they do need some setup tho

Last edited:
dead set these things are fun to ride but my god do they take some freakin paitence which i dont have.... i really am considering going to the dark side and go jap

problems like that can still happen to a jap bike

Put a molkt back on it lol

lol no thanks..... i just dont understand how these problems can happen when it was fine last time i rode it and now everything went to poo

sorta only sounds a little carb related...
id be checking all the electrics out man... make sure the earth is good on the frame and wd40 all the connections..
also make sure the magneto pickup doesnt need adjusting closer or further away..needs about .010 tho clearance..also wd40 the magneto

id say youve already checked the valves and for air leaks but thats what id be looking at next...

im also guessing its been washed since last ride?
water is a nasty thing, specially if you use a pressure blaster/gerni

one last thing is change the spark plug..
and do wat woggy said, put the molkt back on and see if the problem is still there..
if it is and youve covered everything then id say the cdi has shat

Reactions: pbk
needs about .010 tho clearance..also wd40 the magneto

id say youve already checked the valves and for air leaks but thats what id be looking at next...

im also guessing its been washed since last ride?

do you mean the sensor pickup needs a clearance of 0.10 thou or something else?

yes checked valves and for air leaks..

yes it has been washed but not with a gerni but i did notice condensation on my flywheel so is it possible thats shat itself

but yes i will wd40 everything you said and see how i go tomorrow afternoon

yeah 10thou for the pickup to magneto clearance

also have you noticed a small pattern with all your carb related problems?
every time after you wash your bike something pops up..

yeah oddly my OKO-fed bikes do this from time to time, and always after they've been washed...
the caps on the OKO's tend to let a bit of water into them... i'd be drying the carby good and proper, and spray wd-40 in the bowl, slide, cap etc etc...
Even a tiny bit of water in the bowl or slide, it will seem like it's running lean...

also have you noticed a small pattern with all your carb related problems?
every time after you wash your bike something pops up..

yer i know but i usually clean my carb after i clean my bike because because i expect water to get in there

but i cant always win... oh wait i never do lol

put a plastic bag over your carb when you wash your bike. it will save all troubles by the look of your previous threads.

do you still have all the breather pipes on it and the top of the throttle sealed off?
i bag mine and no water gets in, and i start my bike straight after its been washed

it wasnt sealed off when i washed it because the throttle cable was partially broken.. but i am well eqipped with wd-40 now.... and when you say the magneto do you mean spray it in the slots into the coils??

Hey pitbikekid,

Check your muffler pipe for water, i know that sounds silly, but it may have some in there.

hey thanks for the heads up problem is all sorted now...

sean01 was right i had to wd 40 everything and its all sweet now

I always give my bike a good bath in wd-40 after washing..... gets all the water outta the electrics and stops shit from rusting

^^ I go one better and Inox the bike. Puts a water proof seal around everything. Comes out nice and shiny as well.

Latest posts

Back