WTF with RX125 swing arm

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoonta68

Reaction score
okay my motovert rx125cc came with original brand new swing arm but rneedle barings are missing and ivwe tryed a alloy swing arm that i had spare and the point were
the shock mounts to is in wrong spot

what did motovert do to current bikes or replacments as the pouint were the swing arm bolt goes through frame is alot bigger than say dhz or pitster

please any help will be much appretiated

cheers
dave

on my rx,
Theres a swingarm shaft then 2 needle bearing caps either side of the shaft,
then 2x 6mm allen key bolts that bolt to the shaft through the bearing caps.
...really bad design...i drilled my caps out and ran a 15mm axel bolt through :)

trouble is i got no caps and mojo dont stock them

WTF does any one know any shops thall machine the hole for the needle baring larger for the standard size swing arm barings?
also needa drill out the swing arm shaft for standard shaft for swing arm

they dont make it easy do they

tis fukered, i bet they will want you to buy the whole swingarm assembly too....

i already asked and still no solid answer and its pissing me right off

found a swing with the caps but mehhh so much head**** for a adr approved bike god damnn

what effect did the alloy swingarm shock mount have on the bike with the standard shock? sit higher or lower?

well the swing arm that i fitted to c a few things was wrong in the way the shock mounts to it and then the shock wont reach frame so its stock or notjhing

basically the mount on swing is further towards the frame than standard causing it to sit like ummm way ****ed up

lmao nah its like a ****ing lift kit has been fitted on rear and chain near rubs on underside of swing

so ****ing retatrded for mojo to alter a standardised frame sold for over 10 years and cock it up and make it duifferent all for the reasons of what...."look its different"

BUMP ....
378180_10151012049426875_1500400137_n.jpg
on and i meant to highlight number "3" NOT NUMBER "2"

So yeah these parts i need a replacement for as #5 #6 #7 , on one side have stuffed up and dropped on the road somewhere :( , anyone know what to replace them with and where (OH AND MOTOVERT ARE A JOKE SO DONT TELL ME TO ASK THEM AS THEY SEAD "THEY DONT STOCK THE PARTS ANYMORE")

Last edited:
i dont really understand what you are bumping this thread for?

and dunno about the highilghting number 3 not 2...

but,
take the 3 parts out of the other side.
take the bearing to CBC bearings, Gardener bearing etc and buy another.
take the allen head bolt to bunnings and buy another, a pack of 4 or so, for around $2.50
and the spacer would be easy enough to make another one up.

and when you reassemble it use some locktite on the thread of the bolts, otherwise they'll fall out again.

I bumped the thread because its a similiar topic , and the allen key bolt snappped inside "PART NUMBER 3"
Im in adelaide mate so have no idea about the ball bearing shops and if they would stock the same part

well, i guess, the brand is similar, and it is swingarm related...

anyway, im from Adelaide too, i grew up in Glenalta / Belair
i can remember parking up at the old top carpark at Windy Point in my Mazda RX4, and hanging out with mates etc, 28 years ago, there wasnt a restaraunt up there then.
thats why i gave you the name of 2 of the local bearing shops, one on daws road, other at Edwardstown, there is another at Lonsdale, Morphettvale etc etc
there is another 30 numbers in the yellow pages too.
the centre axle where the bolt is broken off into, needs to be pulled out and drilled/tapped.

cheers, craig

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back