Xmoto xb-35

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
possibly, but the thing still rips... plus i paid $1000 for it, then $150 for delivery... still 350 cheaper than yours with the only downside being the forks are non adjustable... given it's the girls first bike, i think i'll hold off the complaining.. lol..

mm...kind of threadjack, but...what type of cam or better said what copy is the cam in the head of this x35 or the watercooled atomic ???

i've no idea Mr TheMountain... a standard one?? lol.. havent pulled the head off, so i cant really say what sort of cam it has, eg duration, lift, overlap etc..
I have a feeling its a different profile than the watercooled atomik (asume you are talking bout the gen 3 Loncin 250 motor?) because the atomik is quite grunty down low but falls flat up top, while the motor in the Xmoto seems to have an average bottom end, but really rips once it gets into the top end... both are overhead cam engines, not the pushrod type found in the gen 1 loncin/zongshen engines...
is that what you were asking? lol

mmm...partielly...well it has to be a copy of something...well, I will get on that!!
From my experience with other little and big bikes I would say a new and better cam in the atomic will work wonders, specially with a nice carb, like a TM33 or so !!
Happy X-mas hollidays !!!

Last edited:
XMOTOS bikes are crappy heavy, slow buckets of crap and forget about hitting any jumps.

i have to admit that they certainly look the part.................from a distance to a blind person, and to someone who has never had a bike, seriously..................there are many good china 250's, but the xmoto 250 is not one of them.

I wouldnt waste my dosh, save it for a better one.............

I've just been to x-motos in brisbane and learned that they specify their bikes with Showa forks and fastace rear suspension as well as a decent chain and motor oil, and there are other dealers who specify their x-motos as cheap as they can. So the quality of parts depends who is ordering the bikes in from China

I've just been to x-motos in brisbane and learned that they specify their bikes with Showa forks and fastace rear suspension as well as a decent chain and motor oil, and there are other dealers who specify their x-motos as cheap as they can. So the quality of parts depends who is ordering the bikes in from China

what a load of s***...there is not one xb out there with a showa fork!!!

hey themountain ,are you speaking from your own personal knowlege of every xb in australia?
If you look at the xmotos site in caboolture,brisbane, this is what they openly advertise. and from what I know about litigation, they would be in serious trouble if it's not true.

Ok thought I would resurect this thread because it has lots of intersting info and it's where I did most of my homework before buying an Xb-35.

First of all I have to laugh at some of the negative, ill informed comments about the xB-35. It's funny how people know so much about a bike they have never seen or ridden. We went through this when my son was racing karts and people started heaping crap on chinese karts even though no one had actually seen one.

I raced Moto X alot when I was younger but im now in my early 40s. When my son decided to switch from racing karts to Moto X I decided to go cheap because my original plan was to just plonk around a few trails and watch and help my son learn the skills. After 25 years off a bike I didnt think I would remember a thing about riding hard.

I was out at the track yesterday and the lure of the Moto X track was just too much and I decided just to do a couple of slow laps. It's amazing how much your brain remembers and how it can recall the information after so many years. Within 3 laps I was giving the poor little XB-35 250cc 4-banger the thrashing of it's life. I was riding with kids less than half my age 2 on KX 125cc bikes 1 on a CR 125 and one on a KTM 400 something. Only the KTM stayed ahead. Yes there will be those nay sayers here who will say it was because the other 3 guys could not ride, but I can tell you they were not too bad and the fact my $2000 chinese bike left their 4x more expensive 2 stroke rockets behind shows the Xb_35 is not a bad bike at all and a bargain for the price.

The only problem is the front suspension travel. It's less than adequate, and when you throw it over a table top, your neck gets a beating when the front wheel smashes into the guard.

I'm wondering if you could fit a set of quality Jap forks to this thing.

The only mods I have done is remove the baffle from the exhaust to make it sound better :) and remove the ugly stickers

Here is my bike.
mybike.jpg

Thanks ozmotorsport, great review from someone who knows how to ride.
I'm in the same boat as you, early 40's, ridden since I was a kid and just want a trailie to chase the kids around a padock now that they've had enough of racing pocket bikes.
I see a few on e-bay at the moment, so on your recomendation, that's the bike for me.

I noticed no ones posted in a long time however I have one of these bikes in the garage that I’m fixing up and have a few questions if anyone could help

Latest posts

Back