XR 50 / 88 bore kit or 110 engine swap?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PITXR

Reaction score
hey guys i got myself a 2001 XR 50 stocker. i have put a sik50s clamp and pro taper bars on it to start with . im just wondering wat would be the best option go with a 88 big bore kit or just swap the motor for a 110? any help would be good cheers.

Depends on your wants/needs. An 88 race head kit costs about the same as a new 110, after adding a carb to the 110. 4 speed trans, extra stroke for torque are on the Lifan's side. Either option will run better with a pipe. A stock-head 88 limited kit is cheaper but no where near as fast. Your bike, your money, your call ;)

50 engine will keep the resale value ,with the stock chassis the 88kit with stock heads have plenty of power imo . (depending on your weight to i spose)

I guess you could go the 110 engine , and sell the 50 engine for a few hundred.

They always fetch a good price in aus as there pretty rare to be sold separately.

yeah both good points i might look at the price side of things . wat about frame bracing ? i was goin to get the sik50s brace kit but i reckon i could just weld/fab some stuff up? wats the most important bits to brace? cheers

the front end of the frame, under the tank.. thats where they bend, but really depends on the size of the jumps and how you land.. Commonly seen bracing is steel flat bar about 20cm long welded to each side

Im still rocking a stock frame without bracing but im not hitting bmx style doubles with massive gaps.

Latest posts

Back