Xr200 exhaust

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustyFork

Reaction score
Just picked up a honda xr200 1988 model. Only thing is the exhaust is cactus! Anyone know what else may got this bike like a crf150 exhaust that I can modify or maybe a china bike exhaust modified to fit. New exhausts are way too much and finding a cheap second hand stock exhaust is hard to find. I want to just ride the thing as a basher it's a nice old bike but not that nice to spend too many$$$$ on. Any ideas what I can do?

Just picked up a honda xr200 1988 model. Only thing is the exhaust is cactus! Anyone know what else may got this bike like a crf150 exhaust that I can modify or maybe a china bike exhaust modified to fit. New exhausts are way too much and finding a cheap second hand stock exhaust is hard to find. I want to just ride the thing as a basher it's a nice old bike but not that nice to spend too many$$$$ on. Any ideas what I can do?

Are there any motorcycle wreckers or better dirt bike wreckers around where you live? I'd start somewhere like that if you're doing it on the cheap :thumbup:

Cheers guys I didn't think about wreckers. I found one for $44 complete exhaust. Looks like it maybe a later model one as my 88 has a big chunky muffler and this is a longer one. Next thing is to muck around with the baffle. Still researching on what to do with the baffle to get a bit more flow outer it and gain a little more power. I see there is a common mod on these stock exhausts to gain a bit more power

yeah just take the end cap off the muffler, then you'll see the mesh/stainless spark arrestor inside,
that can be cut out and deleted.
but remember, it will make the bike quite a bit louder.

the exhaust header pipes, where it goes into the head can usually be opened up a bit too, they have some restrictive welds there.

otherwise on ebay and better bike shops you can get a Power Tip for them too.

Latest posts

Back