Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davedynamite

Reaction score

Anyone have pics or any helpful info about motor mounts and/or electrical hookupo for this mod? I have a Lifan on its way and am preparing to remove my motor and modify the frame, fit it, and get her painted...any help would be appreciated...thanks...

welcome to Miniriders,

drop by and say g'day in our Introduce Yourself thread

what year is your Chappy?

you'll most likely need to cut a couple of the frame supports and fabricate a new top mount for it as a minimum
and with the electrical side, i would just add a loom from the Electric start Lifan with a regulator/rectifier and tap it into the Chappy loom.
the horn will be fine running on 12volts, but you'll need to swap all the globes, the flasher can over for 12v items
the original chappy ignition coil might be useable with the 12v system too.

check out my chappy thread too, link is in my signature

cheers, craig

Craig's the man when it comes to chappys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was just thinking,
why not swap the 2 speed semi auto 80cc in the chappy for a PW80 engine, and work it over a bit.
that would whip a 125s' backside, and it's pretty much a straight swap over!

you'd get another gear then, and add a ported and polished cylinder, shave the cylinder to raise the exhaust port and add a power plate under the cylinder, oversized piston, shaved head, carbon fibre reeds, bigger carby, fmf fatty expansion chamber, fmf muffler, better ignition etc etc....

there are a few upgrade parts here-
PW Only :: PW80 Parts

Craig's the man when it comes to chappys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed....it looks so mint in the flesh. I cant really tell it hasn't just time travelled from a 70s Honda showroom to his place!!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

I've got a 78 LB50 that still isn't fast enough for traffic with a bunch of mods (70cc, big carb, small sprocket). I'm interested in doing the pw80 swap. I'm hoping by straight swap over you mean I don't need to do any welding on the frame. Do you know how much power the pw80 makes, or top speed with a 180lb rider? If I knew for sure that this would fit and make more power I would pick one up tomorrow, so get back to me asap. Thanks.

was just thinking,
why not swap the 2 speed semi auto 80cc in the chappy for a PW80 engine, and work it over a bit.
that would whip a 125s' backside, and it's pretty much a straight swap over!

you'd get another gear then, and add a ported and polished cylinder, shave the cylinder to raise the exhaust port and add a power plate under the cylinder, oversized piston, shaved head, carbon fibre reeds, bigger carby, fmf fatty expansion chamber, fmf muffler, better ignition etc etc....

there are a few upgrade parts here-
PW Only :: PW80 Parts

I forgot that I need to run lights on the Chappy. That could be an issue.

A PW80 engine Power: 4.69 HP (3.4 kW)) @ 4800 RPM
Torque: 6.30 Nm (0.6 kgf-m or 4.6 ft.lbs)
with a compression ratio of 6.6 to 1

And the PW's have lighting coil's

Latest posts

Back