Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all. I found out with some help from roton50 and my67xr, that my stator coil is broken and needs to be replaced. So I didn't want to mess around with old wiring and all the stuff that goes with it and got a Black Dragon hi performance ignition kit to replace it all.

I hope that it gets the peewee fixed so I can ride it again and possibly sell it. Does any one know how to put it in ? It shouldn't be too hard though. Thanks

they are very basic to set up, basically they are a copy of a KTM50 Inner Rotor Kit, but are just modified to suit the PW50.

you need to fit the flywheel to the crankshaft, and the locknut.
then bolt the NewStator to the engine case where the original Yamaha one sat
feed new the wire up though the case with a new grommet, that connects to a 2 terminal socket that connects to the Ignition coil
mount the coil at the front underside of the seat.
then mount the new kill switch on your bars, one wire bolts to a decent earth on the frame other wire goes to the coil to kill the spark

i'm interested to see how this Ignition set up performs
i have seen theml on ebay every now and then for $137 inc delivery
Yamaha PW 50 PW50 Performance Ignition KIT Coil Stator Flywheel Assembly NEW | eBay
plug the new wire on the coil terminal

they are very basic to set up, basically they are a copy of a KTM50 Inner Rotor Kit, but are just modified to suit the PW50.

you need to fit the flywheel to the crankshaft, and the locknut.
then bolt the NewStator to the engine case where the original Yamaha one sat
feed new the wire up though the case with a new grommet, that connects to a 2 terminal socket that connects to the Ignition coil
mount the coil at the front underside of the seat.
then mount the new kill switch on your bars, one wire bolts to a decent earth on the frame other wire goes to the coil to kill the spark

i'm interested to see how this Ignition set up performs
i have seen theml on ebay every now and then for $137 inc delivery
Yamaha PW 50 PW50 Performance Ignition KIT Coil Stator Flywheel Assembly NEW | eBay
plug the new wire on the coil terminal

Hi. Thanks for the info. I don't want to jinx it and say that it's going to be easy but it should be fine lol. I pulled out all the old stuff from the bike today and i'm going to repaint the frame while it's all apart. Also I will fix the brakes and clean a few things up as well.

Thinking I should get new plastics for it or at least clean these up and get new stickers but I kinda like the old look to it. I'm un sure if I should keep it or make it kid friendly again and sell it.

Photo of when I pulled it out of the garden shed :)
10177399_10201818801824109_1900306289595811247_n.jpg

it is easy to pull the engine out from where it it now.

disconnect the rear brake cable, exhaust, 2 shock bolts (top 2 or bottom 2), then pull the engine mount bolt out above the stator and then lift the frame forwards
it will take you 5 mins

i wish my old original stickers looked as good as yours !

you can get a new china plastic set off ebay for $100, guess you've seen them

Yeah I might leave the engine in lol. Just mask it up so I don't scratch it putting it back together. Also yeah the stickers do look nice. They are kinda all cracked and aged but it looks mad :)

I have seen the new plastics and they would be great if I wanted to sell it. I think mine just looks a bit old and it's not the common blue colour. All the black makes it look tough too :p

I think that part is about 2weeks away so I should have it all ready by then. Thinking I should go with the red and do a few bits like the forks in candy red. I will see what happens. There is a lots of half empty cans in the shed to use up :)

I just put all new wiring including the stator, right to the handle bar switch with all the cdi boxe and etc that came with it(complete ebay system). Still a low spark. It will fire up and idle for a few seconds then dies if u give it any gas. Everything was fine before carb wise as its a new carb, it just lost spark while the kid was riding so instead of chasing spark problems i ordered a whole new kit again. Ive tried and unpluged the lil rev limiter box fuse thing, unplugged the handle bar switch etc. Basically anything over an idle it looses spark. Ive spun the motor over lots with the drill on the flywheel nut and it wont fire at all, but a slow kick will fire it up for a second and itll keep firing but just wont run and throttle input doesnt do anything.....really stumped on this pw

Latest posts

Back