Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i took my IT200 to a bike shop ages ago, and got them to pop my flywheel off, they charged me $10 for 20 seconds work.
i went home and ordered one for myself off ebay.
very handy if you need to work on bikes/stators etc

the Yamaha IT200, PW50, Suzuki DS80, the Chappy, all my pitbikes, and a Mates RMX250 all use the same puller
wow they must not be looking for any potential customers ehh.. id or most shops i know would do it for free

OK. I got the fly wheel off. One of the little tabs with the hole in it got bent but it's off. I also hit one of the coils of wire with the bolt for the puller so I might need help fixing that :/

So now what.. It all looks complicated back there... like " touch me and I will break!! " Here is some pics, I don't know what to do now :/ Thanks guys.

1488330_10201207617984895_267364502_n.jpg

1524956_10201207620744964_254104219_n.jpg

1488157_10201207620904968_1373249112_n.jpg

Hey ricky, the 2 larger screws you can see will allow the stator to come off once they are removed. You can gently tap that bent section in with a hammer. See the thread around where the nut goes to tighten the flywheel... there is a tool that tightens in that to easily remove the flywheel.

But if you remove those two screws and then unattach the wires the new stator can go on in its place.

Yeah I was hoping to fix this one if possible :/ Do you sell them rotn50 ?

the Flywheel looks like it's now junk/bin job.
if you bent a support flywheel leg using the puller, you will be lucky if you can get the flywheel to run true again
then there is the missing rivets.
did you drill out the rivets holding the centre into the flywheel ?

and the bolt touched which coil ? front or back one, the back is for the ignition, it could have wrecked the copper windings ?

There was three 6mm holes in the fly wheel and I drilled them out carefully to 8mm and then put the bolts though and got the nuts behind them. There was one hole that wasn't on strong part and it was just a little tab and it bent up. Should be easy to bend back :)

With the coil. in the photo the one on the right at the top. The bolt was too long and it hit that roll of wire :/

So what do I do now ? Is there a way to test that coil of wire or why the black and red wire isn't getting power ?

Thanks guys

Yeah I was hoping to fix this one if possible :/ Do you sell them rotn50 ?

I know we stock some py50 parts, ill check today at work dude.

If it aint broke, break it.

just undo the 2 large philips head screws at 10 o'clock and 4 o'clock, then the stator plate will slide off the crankshaft
unplug it from the loom,
clean it up, and get a photo of the damage

Hi all. I went to get the screws out and just knew I didn't have a big enough screw driver. And it looks like they have been taken out before because the screw heads are pretty worn.

So I got an impact driver with a big enough bit and then gave the top one a few good hits and it come out.. all good. Then onto the second one and a few hits and it just striped. Like so bad. A chunk broke off and every thing.

So now i'm going to have to try and get this out and then pull the stator off. I know that one coil of wire got broken so that will need to be fixed.. such a pain.

use a hammer and centrepunch on the head of the screw, slowly tap it around

yeah that's the next thing i'm going to try.. Why do they put these kinda bolts in stuff like this. Some one has taken this apart and striped it, no anti seize grease on it when it goes back together and then how ever long later I come along and try to get it back out again -_-

if I can't get it out with a center punch.. what should I do then ?

And thanks for your help :) Appreciate it

I can't get a hold on it with the punch..

I don't have any thing to heat it up or to cut it ect.. Maybe drill it out with a left hand drill bit ?

think positive!

use a nice, sharp pointed centrepunch.
place the punch in between the screwdriver slots, towards the outer edge
give it a couple of taps with the hammer to mark/dent the screw,
then give it a couple of taps with the hammer to make it turn anticlockwise

it is only a steel screw into alloy, you cant put too much torque on them so they wont ever undo

the screw heads look pretty good in the pics up above

lol first off.

borat_great_success.jpg

The screw had been taken out with a smaller screw driver and then the slots were bent the wrong way. So when I used the impact driver the little slots just broke off and made a round hole :/ So the center punch couldn't grab onto much because it wasn't that sharp.

So I went to town just before it shut and got a remover tool, I think they are called easy outs but this on had no name and just said extractor on it.. So I drilled a 4mm hole into the bolt and then used the easy out. Again another problem. I couldn't use the handle because the frame of the bike was in the way. So I put it into the drill and carefully spun it in reverse and it torqued up and then IT COME OUT!! WIN

New questions. How do I remove the wires or the plug.. and then when it's out I will take pics of the damage.

I really shouldn't work on stuff when i'm feeling so down but doing stuff like this normally takes my mind off things and makes me feel better.

Thanks for your help mate :)

the stator loom just unplugs, it is easy to do with the seat off
the plugs/sockets that join the wiring loom to trhe stator loom are sort of just below the coil mounts
then the stator can come off and be put on a workbench or whatever

Yeah I disconnected the plug but how do you get it out ? Looks like you need to cut the wires or take the plug off the end.

Also the right side coil of wire is broken..

pull the wiring from the inside of the case, until you have the plugs/sockets about 1" away from the hole.
then feed them through the hole one at a time

Yeah but it's one big plug with 4 wires going into it. One is free. I'm pretty sure it won't fit though the hole :/

you must have different wiring to mine, i have the early type with 4 seperate wires

show me inside the end of the four pin plug, and i'll tell you how to unclip the terminals

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back