Yamaha TTR 50 suspension set up

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smeck282

Reaction score
Hey Guys just wondering what is the best and most cost effective suspension set up on my TTR 50, I've got the bmx bars and two bros bar clamp and It works awesome haha.
If anyone could help me out with ideas prices or what works good for them it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks man, I wish it was for the track haha I might have to take part in a little fmx demo in a couple of weeks. Do you know if the crf 50 springs and stuff will fit on them ? :action-smiley-003:

Looking at stock rear shocks. top to bottom ttr50 , crf50 ,drz70
Length eye to eye
Yamaha - 23.4cm ,Crf50 - 24cm, Drz - 24.4cm

Have'nt try'd to pot hd crf spring on ttr50 shock. Can try if like? , pot stock crf spring on ttr shock.
Crf on left. ttr on right!. there no lock nut on yamaha :( . seams bit crap a

know the top mount of ttr50 like mill wider. crf shock fits in ttr50 just tight'n bolt up lol. (done to mine)

i would use some loctite on the threads of the top mount if you are swapping springs over.
the DRZ spring looks a touch bigger than the CRF ?
but i guess it depends on the spring tension too, the CRF may have a firmer spring ?

but, Shearer is the man to talk to when it comes to any of the 50's, and + reps

^^^thanks man :)

With the yamaha shock, got me thinkn how get apart anyhow. as need to hold sharft somehow the wined the top mount off!. honda is easy as use spanner on lock nut :).
have to pull them both apart n swop this n that, just dont had hd crf spring to try. stock crf spring be no better the ttr one.
If could buy 2nd handy crf50 rear shock pot hd spring on it & run her in ttr50

i reckon the TTR rear shock is non serviceable, hence no locknut.
but they must have put it together when they made it, most likely loctited when done up.

you could use some decent vise grips up at the top of the shaft where the bump stop rubber sits.
the shaft will be hard chromed, and may not even mark with the vicegrips?

and if it does,
that part of the shaft will never move near the seal to cause any damage as long as the bump stop rubber is fitted

cheers guys for the help i like the idea of the extended fork legs and hd springs with the taki rear shock, but i defiantly appreciate the input really cant wait to get it done :)

Thats ok, Lots of times I need help! So good to try and return favor. Yeah when have plus1 legs n hd springs , taki shock she lift ground clearance. makes much nicer as not dragin pegs on ground!. Have more rear suspension with taki or fox float rear.
This is picture of my ttr50. Got fox float rear. Hd fork springs plus 1 legs :)

taki rear Shock when had it in my ttr50

This when up graded to fox float shock! They are best! same they so expenise! ($480)

Thanks heaps man , Do you know who supplies the fox suspension ? cause I work at yamaha city and I might be able to get my hands on it for a little cheaper hehe.

Hey guys i just bought a ttr50 but im not sure where i go to get parts? I bought it damaged so the front suspension is all bent.. Where do i go to get new front suspension and triple clamps? Thanks heaps

Always the case for me, a dollar short and a day late... Working on modding out my son's TTR50 and it appears Im about 5 years too late for finding after market parts.

Bradford491 - your post is months old, so I'm sure you figured this out by now.

Everyone else... help! Trying to find after market parts... I'm new here so I'll keep searching the treads for links and short cuts for creating my build.

hi Longnap
welcome to miniriders forum :welcome:

Ive still got my ttr50. Parts bit hard to find parts for mine 5 years ago aswell haha. I was 2 or 3 years to late then maybe
but in saying that I think. Bar kit , rear shock , hd spokes , hd fork springs. Still could find as I used crf50 ones and bolted on my ttr50

pipe , gytr kick starter, plus 1 legs , skid plate
be the harder things to find

best thing done to my ttr50 was pot stock Honda crf50 carby on it! as got rid of the crap small yami carb n duel throttle cables

How did you put in the fast50s hd fork springs? If you remember, I have it all apart but can’t seem to get the fork springs out

should be a cirlip holding the fork spings and legs into the uppers and then there should be a roll pin holding the fork spring to the lower leg, be careful with removing the springs from the alloy retainers, they should unscrew from the alloy like a bolt, but you'll need to secure one end in vice and then grab a set of pipe wrench or a set of multi grips, itll be tight, but the alloy its screwed on to is VERY SOFT, the easy bit is to put itll back together, the hardest bit i had actually putting the dust boot back on, when reassembling it
cheers

How did you put in the fast50s hd fork springs? If you remember, I have it all apart but can’t seem to get the fork springs out

if you pot in vince upright the ends holding spring. then use flat screw driver n hammer to tap the end of the spring around. off she comes

Latest posts

Back