Yamaha YZ250F Shock Length

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blender

Reaction score
Hey guys, im looking around for a few things for my fury, and the stock shock is not cutting it. so i thought perhaps a yz/wr or another jap brand shock could be used. only problem is i cant find the actual length of the shock. the firy's shock is 370mm long, if anyones got a yz/rm/wr/kx, could they measure the rear shock?

stole this from another forum! its in imperial so you will have to convert it!

the ttr230 rear shock is 15.0" overall length. The YZ80's were about 15.5" and the yz85's about 15.88, so would raise the bike that much. The YZ125's on the other hand are LONG, 17-18"

SWEET! thanks Loco, i think i would have to use the ttr's linkage, i would have to measure the distance between the bolt holes and see if it matches mine. i would like a slightly longer shock, raise the back a tad, an then i'll run some yz/wr forks...i have big plans for this bike :D

SWEET! thanks Loco, i think i would have to use the ttr's linkage, i would have to measure the distance between the bolt holes and see if it matches mine. i would like a slightly longer shock, raise the back a tad, an then i'll run some yz/wr forks...i have big plans for this bike :D

HOLY mother of god!!!!!!
it will handle like a 2014 yzinger! lol
no probs mate!
cant wait!

yeh, money is super tight. what im thinking is going to cost around 2-3k...will be interesting on my oh-so-handsome weekly wage of 40 a week ;)

Il measure when i get home.

If it does fit i have a spare yz250f shock here. new seals and was done over in the states by enzo suspension

yeh, money is super tight. what im thinking is going to cost around 2-3k...will be interesting on my oh-so-handsome weekly wage of 40 a week ;)
let me be honnes here, keep this bike stock, have your fun on it....
then save 2.5k and buy a wr 400 or 3k for a 426
it will be much better and you can sell it for a decent loss later on not 100%

let me be honnes here, keep this bike stock, have your fun on it....
then save 2.5k and buy a wr 400 or 3k for a 426
it will be much better and you can sell it for a decent loss later on not 100%

no way!! thats cheating! lol i see what ur saying, but this bikes got a lot of potential, waiting for the key of money to unlock it ;) like i said, big plans!

1532067_669833636392296_2053205277_o_zps6a417d1c.jpg

Its 450mm mate

cheers Snaptrax, the fury's shock is 370mm, so a rise of 80mm is a bit, i might have to cut a strip of steel 450 long, and see how it looks. i dont really want any crazy angles, i dont wanna be chewing through sliders.

also, just noticed that the yamaha shock uses a different linkage attachment aswell...damn

good idea, the ttr 230 shock will work, but the ttr is more of an ag/farm bike, whereas if i get an rm/cr/kx 85 shock, its frfom an mx bike, i reckon it'd handle my riding style a bit better.

Latest posts

Back