Yamoto Predator 125cc 4 stroke mini dirtbike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMA

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased one of these bikes? They are advertised in Motorcycle Trader and Just Bikes magazines, for $1450, being sold by AVK Imports on the Gold Coast.

The basic frame of the Predator looks similar to the Woelfe Sport Apollo bikes selling on ebay for about $800, but they have more features, such as electric start, chain tensioner, upside down forks and a few extra alloy bits.

The Predator only has a 10/12 inch wheel set, but the Woelfe Sport has a 14/12 combo, which would be a big advantage.

thanks, BMA

Yamoto 125cc 4 stroke mini dirtbike

Thanks Gazza.

Wolfe Sport's bikes are shocking. My bro bought one for himself and one for his mate the bolts get loose and fall off.

So far my bro lost two of four bolts holding the foot pegs.

The steering colum is all F****d it is all loose.

The rear shock has sunken and has given the bike a big slant.

And that all that we can notice at this time..

He sells them for around 750 outside of ebay!!

"Once the victory of the cheap price is over it is soon overtaken by the cheap product"

:evil: :twisted: :evil:

Check my earlier posts for the problems I have had. Now that I've fixed all the problems, over the last 10 hours or so of use nothing has gone wrong :shock: . As Gazza & I have said the shock is crap. It will bend & sag after the first couple of rides. If you buy one with this type of shock allow to replace it with something better or mod the rear swingarm and frame and fit an Ishock like I did with mine. You are always going to have to do a lot more maintenance than with better bikes.
In the end you get what you pay for, far as I can see most of these cheap bike are going to have their problems.

Hey there,

Where did you get the Ishock from and how much did you pay for it?

Is it a noticeable difference to the stock ones in terms of performance/travel, or just mainly for peace of mind that your shock isnt gonna sh*t itself whilst riding?

The ishock while not the best shock on the market, is excellent value for money (around $300) & is so much better than what is on standard. The main problem is that on the wolfe sport bikes and ones with the same rear setup, the shock is around 230mm long, very short travel, with a very heavy (around 500pound) spring. I spent days trying to find a replacement for it without luck. I ended up modding the bike to take a ishock. The ishock is longer & has longer travel but u can't just bolt it up in the same place as the old one. With the new setup I have around 180mm travel & my son who rides it says it is 500% better,& it won't sh*t itself after 2 rides. If u buy a bike with an xr50 style rear suspension the Ishock will bolt strait up without mods. Different spring rates are available. P.M. me your email and I will send photos of what I did to mine ( I haven't worked out how to post photos yet) :?

eatslikehomer email the pics to [email protected] i will upload them for you
R1 replica, the foot peg and tripple clamp bolts fell out because he didnt keep up with the maintenance and the rear shockys are just crap! ours sags abit now im ganna try to fit the shocky from our other bike bought from offroad_extreme

lol.. Keep up with maintenance!!!

I didnt think you would have to maintain it after a couple of rides...

But being a chinese bike maintenance should happen evary half hour of riding i guess..

we have about 4-5 hours on our bike i only done up the bolts once when we first got the bike since than we've lost one throttle body bolt yesterday i pulled the bike out and noticed the mouting bolts are smaller than the mounts :evil: our motor moves if grabed from the front bottom the motor lifts a little

eatslikehomer, here are your pictures did u see the other mount for the shocky? if u reinforce this mount u should get a higher seat height
bikepic2.jpg

bikepic1.jpg

Thanks Gazza for posting my photos for me. Thou the photos dont show it properly the top shock mount is mounted to the bracket (strenghened) just back from the tank bracket. I had to cut out the original top mount to make room for the new shock. I am thinking about making an adjustable bottom mount so that can get the ride height to the exact level I want. Might see how the rest of the bike holds up first.

Latest posts

Back