Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, there is always going to be haters in all aspects of life, doesn't matter what you do

anyway,
don't you hate it when you are just trying to do a quick job on your car or bike, and something breaks ??
i wanted to give my Territory a quick trans service today.
there are 10x M6 bolts that hold the trans pan to the transmission, the first one i tried undoing with my 1/4 socket set snapped off as soon as i started to turn it.

i really hate mechanics that do stuff up too tight !
it snapped so easy that i reckon he must have felt it was about to break as he did it up! but who know's ?
the trans filter that came out is a genuine Ford one, which makes me think it could be the original from the factory.
i don't know why Ford think's the BTR 4 speed transmissions are considered sealed for life.
trans fluid is going to get hot if anyone tows big trailers/caravan etc, plus the wear from the clutches and components...

but now i need to drill it out and re-tap the thread....:cursing:

edit; i just went back outside to grab the drill etc and guess what ? it's now raining here too :frustrated:

Winter sux !

Last edited:
sounds like your having a great day craig!!!

i just fitted up my big wheels, (only took 4 days of stuffing around) now cant ride cause i dont have a chain long enough, talk about first world problems ;)

can you grab a couple of links and another joiner off another old chain, and add them as a temporary thing ?

i'm outside trying to dodge the showers and noticed my PY fuel tank sitting out where the sun was shining on it an hour ago.
i had only just painted it...

that had better be it for today !! they say things come in 3's :11doh:

Far out Craig. I would have cracked the ****'s and cracked a can after snapping the first bolt let alone the rest that has happened. lol

bloody hell mate, how many china men you kill in your last life? ;)
nah i dont have any joining links, hopefully the bike shop has one in stock, just means paying a 100 bucks for a chain instead of 50/60 online.

don't you hate it when you are just trying to do a quick job on your car or bike, and something breaks ??
Story of my life lol :p

5 minutes turns into 15 hrs real quick..

Dont you hate it when you decide to buy the better brand tool, pay over double the decent tool and it doesnt even come with sufficiant tools to do one job?
Stuff you dremel and your market share and your lack of carbide burs or sanding rolls.

Dont you hate it when you decide to buy the better brand tool, pay over double the decent tool and it doesnt even come with sufficiant tools to do one job?
Stuff you dremel and your market share and your lack of carbide burs or sanding rolls.
It seems that most cheap sets come with more accessories than the big name brands.

Don't you hate it when you ask a seller to do the lowest price they can on eBay and the reply you get is 'get a job'.
After that, I head to aliexpress and get the same item for almost half the price so I'm happy (Asv copies with free shipping).

Story of my life lol :p
5 minutes turns into 15 hrs real quick..

Today i'm swapping out an old/leaking heater core for a good one in my wife's 1998 Mazda 626...... insert expletives here !@!@! :frustrated::cursing::action-smiley-003::lol_hitting:

i need the car back together and running again before 3pm when i need to pick up the kids from school.
i can see why the mechanics/auto electricians can charge between $500 and $700 for labour doing the job and want the car for the whole day!

it is a bit easier since i spent 3 hours at the wreckers yesterday getting one out, but still what a pain in the !@!@! rear job !! lol

Lol same situation as my pug, i just bypassed it for now..
as i am doing the headgasket as well, There is nooo way i am going to take the dash out and drop another $250 into this thing :p
Shes getting a decent port job while im at it..

Nah, it wasn't much fun at all !
i have cuts and scratches all up my arms and hands from trying to work under the dash.
but it is all back together again, and gets very hot inside the car, with not one leak to be seen.
it took me 5 hours all up to do so i have saved at least $400 on labour.
the new/used heater core looks mint and only cost me $28 for the secondhand heater box, complete with the core.

When you foul a plug on your new Yz250 while your down the bottom of a massive hill :(

hahahaha. That's why you always stick a couple of spare plugs in the camel back mate.

You only do it once. ;)

Latest posts

Back