YX 140 Project, Carb trouble. please read.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitbikeProjects

Reaction score
Hello guy's this is my first post of here, hope you are all well!

Anyway, I recently brought a YX140 stomp pitbike, standard NOT Z40 Cam
it was running horrible but now i got it to the point where it will run brilliant nice and steady.... on choke but as soon as i take the choke off it will cut out instantly, just straight away.

I'm using the Molkt 26mm carb with the pullout manual choke.

its clean in both jets, spark plug is a nice brown bronze colour.

it did this before on the old carb which was a mikuni 26 maybe not sure but ran alot worse on choke.

I'm guessing my pilot is too small but it doesn't have numbers on it so i wouldn't know what i would need to jump to, any help would be awesome.

thanks.

Welcome to Minirider's

I'd be putting the Mikuni back on personally
If it's the china copy Mikuni 22/26 oval bore carb it may need a bigger pilot jet, over here i'd recommend fitting a #20 instead of the factory fitted #15

Welcome to Minirider's

I'd be putting the Mikuni back on personally
If it's the china copy Mikuni 22/26 oval bore carb it may need a bigger pilot jet, over here i'd recommend fitting a #20 instead of the factory fitted #15

it runs far better with the molkt to be honest, I've got it running a bit richer than i would want it it's idling great but it's still cutting out as soon as i turn the choke off, also if it does manage to stay on for the 1-2 seconds when you touch the throttle without choke it dies anyway?

The molkt carbys are notoriously bad, all i ever read about them are complaints. Even a 125 finds the stock #15 pilot jet a little lean, so as craig said grab a 20 pilot jet for the mikuni and stick that back on. You are running a decent, oiled airfilter yeah?

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back