YX 150 cracked clutch cover

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil67

Reaction score
Noticed slight oil leak over the last few oil changes, decided to take the clutch cover off today, WOW, something has been spinning around in there that shouldn't be, hahah. The clutch basket is almost destroyed, s'pose I'm a tad harsh on the poor thing anyway. Long story short, do I metal bond the crack, or buy a new cover? Thing is, who the hell has the covers in stock? Apart from OO racing and a few others over seas.

i got a cover for sale of a yx 150 let me know i got pics

Yes, wait you got pics of what? Hope you mean the cover, lol. Gen 3?

haha yeah of the cover. what you mean by gen3 ? you got a pic of the cover you need ? i got a complete in parts yx150/160 bottom end with both style covers

I'll take some pics tonight, mine has the 2 oil feed holes on the bottom. The engineers at work reckon they can mend it, I will giove it to them and see how they go

cheers

Cover fixed, JB welded the bugger. The entire inside surface has now also been fully die grinded nice and smooth. Nice.

ill be sending all my damaged **** to you phil to fix, your handy for a young fella mate

Good job mate, just keep an eye on it jb weld dosent like a lot of vibration and heat. I hope it holds out for you thou.

Good job mate, just keep an eye on it jb weld dosent like a lot of vibration and heat. I hope it holds out for you thou.

i use JB weld inside intake manifolds, Heads and Valleys on race cars without a problem.
i dont think a pit bike is going to be any worse that that.

No worries just passing on what I've been told by a few mechanic mates.

Yes JB weld is good stuff. A mate used it on his 13b P/port rotor housings inside the inlet and outlet ports. This engine copped a flogging regular runs at the drags with NOS in street reg Mazda 808 with a best time of 10.98 1/4 mile. We pulled the engine down to rebuild it and the JB weld was holding up well no cracks or flaking.

If it doesn't hold up no biggie, I will just get another clutch cover. Today is the test. Just re assembled the bike, top end rebuild, TB piston blah blah, but it's smokey so I dunno how long it will last, LOL If it dies, go 190?

Latest posts

Back