yx 150cc and yx160 crankshafts

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonte

Reaction score
Hello!

Is it possible to fit yx150 crankshaft to yx160 bottom end? Yeah, i know that yx150 have 53mm stroke, but i have heard that it have 2mm longer rod and both of them are klx-type.

it sure is, make sure theyre the width, as it is possible to purchase a oil spinner type, i run the ooracing crank "57mm" as i bought a motor not realising it had a blown crank, also inspect the casings when you remove the original, as yx's are known for cracking casings around the crank bearing, (this is caused by over reving a non balanced crank)
cheers Loco

I have a full YX184 motor with TB and taky bits plus a spare bottom end for sale as well.

PM me if your keen.

Okay thanks guys. :)

Yeah the postages would be little bit expensive to Finland, but thanks anyway motorman. :D

How about zongshen 155cc crankshaft, can i put it in yx160 bottom end?

Depend's on what model YX engine you have, pic's might help ?
Also depend's on which Z155 too, early of late

I have gen3 yx, without oilslinger. Crankshaft is from that kind of engine.

CIMG7103.jpg

CIMG7089.jpg

That engine is a Z160Ho 55mm stroke 60mm bore and the bike looks to be a direct copy of the Pitsterpro LXR

Pretty sure they do, but i don't have them both apart to compare.
So why are you wanting to put a shorter stroke crank in ?

They do, we use YX 57mm 155HO cases for big motor builds

I recommend the Bucci 53/57mm cranks

Artwork

I know it’s been a while since someone last replied in this thread but any chance I can fit just the yx160 cylinder on a yx150 and make it close to 160cc?

Yx 160 and yx 150 have the same bore (60mm).
So if you put a yx cylinder 160 on a yx 150 you will have the same engine diplacement. (if using oem cylinder).

Unless you have a bigger cylinder!??

I have a parts yx160 engine and a running yx150 in my pit bike, so it’ll make no difference you think?

Latest posts

Back