yx 160 5 speed?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty_77

Reaction score
Is it true that the 160 atomik comp come with a 5 speed? Because i haven't heard of a 5 speed coming in a stock yx

Only picked up mine 2-3 months ago, it's deffinately only 4....(YX 160 Nitrous)... sorry i'll shut up now, missed the "comp"...

Hahaa, well i guess Im just going to have to see when i get it. How dose your 160 go as ive only every had a yx140

mate i reckon it flies :) can only compare it to my missus Nitrous 125 but for a small bike it moves along nicely. shocks are crap but eh... the engines good, Not as quick as my ZX7R or TE410 but i'm wokring on it :)

Hey Timeeh what model ZX7R do you have? I had a 1996 model last year I was doing up as a project but it was the first bike I'd owned with less than 1000cc in a long time and I missed the power so ended up buying another thou but man how well do those things handle hey?

Hey mate, exactly the same :) Yea i love it, however after years of riding day in an day out (winter in canberra....) I have now turned into "Mr FairWeather" so I only register it 6 months of the year. Just put it on the dyno in march this year (2 days before end of rego) and it still turned out 110 ponies at the rear, not bad for 60K on the meter. Now that i'm playing with the new pit bike + stopped smoking and drinking (for the moment) i seemed to have developed a bad case of A.D.D :) so i'm now looking at what I can do about putting a small turbo on the thing :) but this will be put on the back burner till next year, but we shall wait and see :) I will try an get some pics up, wots yours look like?

Is it true that the 160 atomik comp come with a 5 speed? Because i haven't heard of a 5 speed coming in a stock yx

Hey mate,

It's definitely a 4 speed, Atomik's spelling certainly is award worthy ;)

Hey mate,

It's definitely a 4 speed, Atomik's spelling certainly is award worthy ;)

Gotta love the chinese ay

Got the bike tonight and am really happy with it, even down to things like the clutch lever are really good quality

Yea Timeeh that's my speed triple and the love of my life... Good thing my wife doesn't see this haha! I'll get some pics of the ZX up tomorrow when I start bludging at work lol.

Hey Timeeh here is a pic of the old ZX7R that I had last year.

ZX7R.jpg

Nice dude :) Got the same exhaust too, except carbon :) Might have to try an get a pic tonight, except shes not all that clean cause of the winter cease ride....

Gotta love the chinese ay

Got the bike tonight and am really happy with it, even down to things like the clutch lever are really good quality

Review time? You're the first person I know of to buy one...

haha, yeah ok i might do a review of the bike tomorrow night after i have riden it

Latest posts

Back