yx 160cc help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tay212

Reaction score
i just put a oko 28mm flatside caby on my brothers yx 160 and now every time i start it and rev it cuuts out,it idols fine its just when i rev.

If its stock, try retting the carb with
38 pilot
needle on the middle groove
and a 102 main
Should be a good starting point.

Also if you are just snapping the throttle open it will have a tendancy to cut out, you should always just roll the throttle on.

Remeber to check and adjust the valve clearances too.

There are plenty of threads in here about oko carb tuning and valve clearances, just nned to use the search function.

Probably you should get that thing out of your bike.... you should not install a flatside caby to any bike when there is no need.... I have seen lots of guys having problem with that stuff!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably you should get that thing out of your bike.... you should not install a flatside caby to any bike when there is no need.... I have seen lots of guys having problem with that stuff!!!

all mini bikes these days get a dose of flat slide... there is absolutely nothing wrong with them...

also the problem guys have is their lack of knowledge on how to tune them...
as with any aftermarket carb ya cant just wack it on and think its going to be perfect

i just put a oko 28mm flatside caby on my brothers yx 160 and now every time i start it and rev it cuuts out,it idols fine its just when i rev.

Now you don't have to make yours faster to beat him. Pure genius!

Some swear by flatslides, some swear at 'em.
I only run gennie Keihin PE28 round slides on 140-200cc motors, but you AU lads seem to love the OKO. I might give them another try and save a few dollars.

Last edited:
hey mate are those pe 28mm carbis any good did u have to do much jetting on them ??

Now you don't have to make yours faster to beat him. Pure genius!

Some swear by flatslides, some swear at 'em.
I only run gennie Keihin PE28 round slides on 140-200cc motors, but you AU lads seem to love the OKO. I might give them another try and save a few dollars.

Yer I think some people like them a little to Much lol

My OKO makes me wet in the pants... Once jetted/tuned correctly you can snap the throttle open all you want, just make sure the bike is warm ;)

I wouldn't recommend an OKO in very slippery off-road conditions though, I spent more time off the bike than on it a couple of weeks ago, perfect for moderate to high traction conditions though.

Latest posts

Back