yx 160cc with oko 26mm flatslide

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8r3nd0

Sinister 50's
Reaction score
Hey this is my first post so forgive me in advance, just wondering if anyones (im sure their is) running an oko 26mm flat slide on an atomik nitrous 160cc, if so hows your carb setup! I know its different for every situation but surely theres a base setup. Like 36 slow 100 main and so on. Thanks for any help in advance.

Last edited:
If ordering from DHZ. Just specify what engine it is for and they will put the appropriate jets in for you. Also be careful when buying Oko's from elsewhere as many are knock-offs....

Thanks lads for replying. I bolted it on today and alls sweet the thing feels like a new bike. Them molkt carbs suck balls just couldn't get it in the sweet spot but the oko just works straight up 36,100 its all there from bottom to top. :scooter:

Thanks lads for replying. I bolted it on today and alls sweet the thing feels like a new bike. Them molkt carbs suck balls just couldn't get it in the sweet spot but the oko just works straight up 36,100 its all there from bottom to top. :scooter:

Comparing it to a molkt ? anythings better !! YX160 vs z160ho .....

My personal experiences.....

I ran my OKO on the stock 36 / 100 needle bottom clip it found it boggy down low okay mid to top it was an improvement from the fakuni definatly but i wanted more....

Now OKO on 38 / 102 needle bottom clip and i picked up roughly 15% more power it seems alot smoother through the power and more agressive from mid to top

Personally i think the 36/100 is a tad lean on the zonger 160s but ppl find there spot on for the yx 160s and yours seems to be ! im not too sure why though .... exhaust valve size or something bigger on a zonger?? Dont take my word for it though could be wrong im not expert !!

I was getting a whtish color plug when doing a plug chop with 36/100 now 38/102 its a nice tan.

My two cents !!

Last edited:
Hey just started playing around with the bike again today and noticed that i am running a bit lean, it ends up looking like i will be using your setting nickv1980, im getting close to perfect spark color but porcelein part is still white, is that normal. Currently on 38/100 clip second from bottom, mix is just over half turn out. just order a 102 main from dhz i'll see how that goes. 36/100 gets it going but not perfect, also do you guys run with a 1/4 turn throttle cause i find it hard sometimes to tell whether its bogging out of corners or just that im opening it up to quick. does anyone have the same problem or do i just need to learn how to ease it on!

If its tuned properly you should be able to twist it wide open out of a corner and wheel spin it or it will hook up. It should not bog down. If it does its too rich.

Im using a quarter turn on mine i can open mine up as quick as i want in any gear and its clean no bog ...

I used to have the same problem anyone that tells u that u need to learn throttle control well no not really if its tuned right it will act perfect.

I found mine was doing it due to wrong needle height and the mixture screw needed a little tweaking mine was too lean but as DHZ_XR8cing it can also mean too rich as well just play with needle heights once u got the jetting close and u will soon figure out which way to go..

36 / 97 here... middle clip ... burning at light brown ngk R CR5HSB... screwed out half is nice

32 BORE PIPE grey misty tip... no baffle pack.. running 98 oct. 1/4 throttle.. used

likes to throat out with a blue pop on the kill switch when hot.. hot.. lol, butane

Just finished a quik mod .. put a radiator hose on the inlet and snuck the uni filter up under the side guard..
6" max it is.. but surprised me that the inlet entension.. seemed too give it a bit more response on cold start up ... at these settings

can't see a prob... on the next flat bikkie creek crossing...

yet to get it hot but thumbs up here...... butane

Last edited:
Hey guys hoping to get some help here to yooo iv got a z160ho with a oko 26mm running.. a klx 110 60mm domed piston. Stock head. Was running stock jets In the carb middle needle height with 36/100. Ran even worse once I done a high comp piston in it sorta not worse but needed more fuel for sure.. got me some bigger jets 102/38 second from the top needle clip runs much nicer and stabler but still seems to have a flatspot when I crack it in second Or third. first almost flips me of lol if you crack it wide looking for any advice.. drop needle? Just don't have heaps of time to mess with it and wanna try and get it as close as I can so it runs healthy and happy.. cheers

Attachments

• 20220313_132822.jpg
    20220313_132822.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back