yx150-5 DTE

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minibiker05

Reaction score
ok so i have a daytona style yx150 and it needs a rebuild so im going to putting a 59mm bore kit on it from akunar and prob a mid range cam what else should i do to it maybe valve springs and clutch springs any ideas would be great

we've had this convo over and over...

valve and clutch springs are a must. clutch rubber mods is a good idea too

Yer I know we have Sean just want to make sure I get everything before I go ahead with it and coz it runs a 60mm stroke can I go a 60mm bore coz I think I read somewhere that you carnt might be wrong thought id ask

My .02

You can run as much bore as you're willing to try, but head gasket life fades quickly over 57-58mm, with the long spindly studs. 60-61mm isn't uncommon. Reliability there, is. I really like just boring them to 57mm for the TB lightweight piston, adding an offset pin and stroking to 66mm. you can get a 3mm spacer and swap to 14/28 sprockets, or 3mm longer rod, mm spacer and 92l cam chain (Yamaha 125 Breeze ATV).

Make sure you've plotted the ignition curve or at least done the retard mod. 26-28 total is all a good hemi needs. More only adds low speed snap, and kick gear snapping. Stock thin-shell outer rotor is decent, or Lifan adjustable for an upgrade.

Head is a restriction at 150cc, worse as you go up. It needs bigger valves, a good valve job and some porting. There's the silly quench-killer step in the chamber, too, to deal with. Adding cam duration will let it breathe on top and kill off some kick resistance and slow-speed tire spinning.

sounds like alot of work lol for not alot of gain what would you recommend terry want it to be cheap as possible as well lol maybe bore to 57 and get a tb piston,cam and port job would that be still good

Oh and what is the retard mod

Latest posts

Back