yx150 cam

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yxjosh

Reaction score
Hey guys new here just wondering if lifan 140 cam will fit in a yx150 head ??? Not after why or blah blah just if it will cheers

Not sure on that one, they are different styled heads, Lifan 140 is a CRF styled head and a YX150 is a KLX styled head. So I dont think so?

Ah ok seen people using honda springs in the head thats what I have in my old 140 was hoping to use them anyone ??

Ah ok do u know why the cams dont fit they look identical

i'm not sure if it'll fit,
i do know the Lifan 150 cams have narrower bearings on the cam, and the timing chains on Lifan and YX engines are different too.
and also the Lifan Cam is shorter than a Z155 cam, which i'm pretty sure is the same length as a YX cam.

Last edited:
Not after why or blah blah just if it will cheers
i know you don't want to hear someone ask why,
but for a stock non roller engine, the stock YX cam is a better cam than the stock Lifan and a lot of performance KLX cams

Agree with my67xr, stock yx cam is the bees knees. Don;t use lifan valve springs either, you will sure get valve float. Even the stock YX springs are crap, I've broker rocker arms before.

Agree with my67xr, stock yx cam is the bees knees. Don;t use lifan valve springs either, you will sure get valve float. Even the stock YX springs are crap, I've broker rocker arms before.

Any idea what size yx 150 valves are?? I need some HD ones for my yx....best upgrade you can get Ive heard...

i'd be doing H/Duty Springs first on the YX150 and the Z160HO as a minimum, then maybe Titanium Retainers

YX/Z155HO/Z160HO valves are 28mm intake, 23mm exhaust, 73mm long with a 5.5mm stem

Supposed to say valve springs....I need HD ones of those and what do titanium retainers do?? Titanium is expensive to manufacture correctly isnt it?

Titanium Retainers are stronger and much lighter than steel.
so when your valves are opening and closing 9000 times a minute (9000 rpm),
the weight of stock retainers can help make the valves bounce off their seats instead of closing each time.
this is why it's called valve bounce.
so lighter retainers will transfer less weight down though the springs and are less likely to help cause bounce.
stronger springs also help stop bounce, one side effect of stronger springs is slightly more wear at the rockers/cam
that's where roller rockers can help too
v2_head_titanium_retainers.jpg

Ok cool thanks for that sorry for the thread jack!! So what's this jazz about Honda springs? Or should I get specific HD yx/z155 valve springs! Was talking to a guy yesterday who may have a yx head so that might be a go if cheap enough to do some porting on!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

how much nate?

PM man with an offer. I got lot's of parts in the shed I need to get rid of before I move so feel free to ask for other goodies. :)

Also have a 160HO head pretty much brand new.

Nah you won't like my offer mate...no one ever does...

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back