yx150 dt-5 center case..need a bit of advice

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean01

Legend Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
hi there, i got a yx150 dt-5 daytona motor here that im repairing for a mate.

its got the cracked cases syndrome from the owner putting a outer rotor kit on it and putting it on full advance....hmmm nice hey...

anyways, iv looked everywhere for a replacement case that takes the same bearing on the countershaft at the kick idler end. cant find anything except the cases that take the revised needle roller bearing.

at first i assumed the engine was a genuine lifan 150 with the 15mm piston pin and bought a case, but upon pulling the engine down i realised it was the yx150 dt-5 engine.
no biggie as i have inspected the 2 cases inside and out and they are exactly the same apart from this bearing journal. actually they are same as the 140's as well.

anyways that is the type of case i ended up with so now i need to source the rest of the parts needed.

can anyone point the finger to where i may be able to purchase a new countershaft that has the smooth machine finished kick idler end.
the same type of countershaft that DHZ sell with there 160 upgrade kits which would no doubt fit but he will no seperate one. DIRTMAX YX 160CC 150CC ENGINE BOTTOM END UPGRADE KIT - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 18-Oct-09 13:45:47 AEDST)

i also considered getting a sleeve made up to run between the countershaft and the roller bearing but im thinking there wont be enough room unless the sleeve is thin.

anyways if anyone has come across this problem and has managed to work their way thru it please shoot some info at me.

cheers

Last edited:
I've machined the case out to take the bigger ball bearing, not the roller bearing in my motor. Seems to be behaving so far...

yeah iv considered doing that but the case i have has had the side machined out of it so i would have to make it a press fit....

i think my easiest solution is to swap the case for a yx140 case....same barrel stud spacing

cheers

Latest posts

Back